Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: a black man telling the truth

77Woodbridge
    He has actully made several good post about it.
    Thank you for postin up first Knuckle Head.

OutCole'd
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147298
    This thread pissed me the fock off. Post #22, 24
    I guess blacks will never be welcome?
    I really don't think that's it. I just there are morons in every sector of life.

SHOTKALLIN
    I really don't think that's it. I just there are morons in every sector of life.
    I'll be out there regardless.

OutCole'd
    I'll be out there regardless.
    Rightly so, you and me both!

Desert Rat
    Great post 77!

77... Thanks for post... Very well put thoughts...
    Steve

Biglue
    Great post 77. My hat's off to you.
    Some of that problem with minorities not advancing into "mainstream" society is that they don't go outside their/our comfort zones. For example thier neighborhoods and local cities. These places are filled with ill and negativy from either music and knucklehead athletes' influence. For just about all my life, I have lived in fairly diverse areas. Hispanic, Asian and Black folks. Truthfully Caucasians were the minority in numbers. I honestly don't care to label people with ethnic stereotypes in real life. I do however do it in humor with people whom I'm comfortable exchanging these types of jabs with. The way I see it is, there is animals in every race and flavor. Not only is there lames in every color, there is also week minded or uneducated individuals who will easily fall into the mindset of the Sharptons and Jacksons of the world. I also think that people tend to take the easy way out, especially so in minorities living in low income neighborhoods/cities. For example, many people justify "gangsta life" or "ghetto-fabulous" behavior and sometimes condone it simply because it's easier to live off of public aid or sell drugs than it is to get up for work every morning. Take the combination of justifying the above mentioned and lack of education and we have a perfect recipe for hosting people not concerend to exceed the norm in their surroundings. I have worked with people of throubled areas and the mentality is just ASTOUNDING. Mainly with Hispanics and Blacks. Their mentality is "why should I bust my ass, only to make this white dude more money?" Huge arrogance and ignorance. That mentility is a huge slap to the face of the ongoing building and improving of OUR AMERICA.
    Just another minority person's two cents.

eliminatedsprinter
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147298
    This thread pissed me the fock off. Post #22, 24
    I guess blacks will never be welcome?
    Actually, rather than racism, I see a lot of wannabee, as in wish they (the posts authors) were urban cool, in the content of the writing in those 2 posts.

SHOTKALLIN
    Great post 77. My hat's off to you.
    Some of that problem with minorities not advancing into "mainstream" society is that they don't go outside their/our comfort zones. For example thier neighborhoods and local cities. These places are filled with ill and negativy from either music and knucklehead athletes' influence. For just about all my life, I have lived in fairly diverse areas. Hispanic, Asian and Black folks. Truthfully Caucasians were the minority in numbers. I honestly don't care to label people with ethnic stereotypes in real life. I do however do it in humor with people whom I'm comfortable exchanging these types of jabs with. The way I see it is, there is animals in every race and flavor. Not only is there lames in every color, there is also week minded or uneducated individuals who will easily fall into the mindset of the Sharptons and Jacksons of the world. I also think that people tend to take the easy way out, especially so in minorities living in low income neighborhoods/cities. For example, many people justify "gangsta life" or "ghetto-fabulous" behavior and sometimes condone it simply because it's easier to live off of public aid or sell drugs than it is to get up for work every morning. Take the combination of justifying the above mentioned and lack of education and we have a perfect recipe for hosting people not concerend to exceed the norm in their surroundings. I have worked with people of throubled areas and the mentality is just ASTOUNDING. Mainly with Hispanics and Blacks. Their mentality is "why should I bust my ass, only to make this white dude more money?" Huge arrogance and ignorance. That mentility is a huge slap to the face of the ongoing building and improving of OUR AMERICA.
    Just another minority person's two cents.
    Smoking weed makes you content while living on welfare in a crappy ass neighborhood. This is a huge problem in the hood. "Life is focked up, but who cares this is some bomb ass weed! Puff Puff Give!" In the ghetto Mainstream = white. Its frowned upon to act "white" in the hood. These are just a couple issues that hold minorities back IMO.
    just my .02

OCMerrill
    I don't think IMUS got fired directly because of his actions.
    Indirectly...because of money leaving the show really freakin QUICK.
    The two week suspension caused major advertiser pull out. His comments caused the same.
    IMO it would have been better to have IMUS take only black business men callers for one week...IMUS ass would have really been sore and ratings would have shot up. A nice call from 77woodbridge would have set him straight and maybe even impact the country on getting a little better understanding of how Black people (outside the Rap-Bling deal) really feel. Americans just the same.
    I think when the dust cleared there was not enough dollars left to make the show worth wile. So he was fired or better said the show was canned.
    I watched his show on msnbc about 3 days a week. Some days it sucked some days it was excellent. I will miss it but oh well. He never appeared openly racist to me until I hersd that comment. He had to have made other comments though. You just dont come out of your shell at 65 freaking years old.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234