Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lcd Vs. Plasma

Jyruiz
    I have a small house, and only have one main window in the room. I haven't played x-box in about 2 years, so I'm not worried about that. I just want it for movies, and tv. I don't watch tv a lot, but my tv is done, so its time for a new one.
    If you watch a lot of movies, then go with a plasma, better picture, as long as it is not a cheap no name brand plasma. Go with a 42" Panny, you will be happy with the Panny.

Go to a retailer, take some time and look. Do not ask many questions, just find one that appeals to your senses. We all react differently to color, smell etc. (some even like fat chicks) then choose one that works for you.
    Ps. bring a laptop with you, plug it in, run video/music and see how the display, performs.

Coded-Dude
    it really doesn't matter.....my preference is LCD - but we will probably all be buying OLED pretty soon.

Stoneman
    I have a 50" Panasonic Plasma, and everyone who see's it, says it's the best picture they've ever seen. I agree.

Jyruiz
    it really doesn't matter.....my preference is LCD - but we will probably all be buying OLED pretty soon.
    Don't I wish, but Sony is dragging its ass on this. So far they have only demoed there OLED in small size monitors. I am still hoping that SED is not dead, but we all know how long law suits can last.

Bense468
    Thanks for the info guys. I am going to take a good look at the panasonic.

Havasu1
    Plasmas are good from front and side angles. Though dark colors can get a goasting effect. LCD are great if you are right in front. As you view from an angle/sides the picture is not very good due to the nature of pixels. DLP sets are good. They are good from side and front angles. They are not bad with glare from windows either. Bad news about DLP is you cannot hang them on the wall like and LCD or Plasma I can't tell you how many times I went into a Circuit City or Best Buy thinking I had a clue about which set to buy (DLP, LCD or Plasma). Only to come out more confused than when I went in. What did I go with, 56" DLP in the living room. I could get a larger set for the $$ and the picture quality is awesome. 20" LCD for the master bedroom and kitchen. I wanted to hang the sets on the wall and they are relatively inexpensive.

Coded-Dude
    btw - CRT is still the best rated picture out there......

sponger_2
    i have a 50" vizio plasma from costco. i could not be happier. and for the price, about $1500.00 you cant beat it.

Coded-Dude
    yep....onyl paid 950(after taxes) for my 37" Vizio, and I would buy Vizio again.
    (they are one of the top consumer-rated TV's out there - which is awesome since they are very competitively priced)
    only problem is, Vizio doesn't do 1080p(that I am aware of), only 720p/1080i

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast