Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lcd Vs. Plasma

Jyruiz
    btw - CRT is still the best rated picture out there......
    I have said this here many times, but everybody now a days wants the cool factor over picture quality. That is one reason I hope SED is not dead.

Jyruiz
    yep....onyl paid 950(after taxes) for my 37" Vizio, and I would buy Vizio again.
    (they are one of the top consumer-rated TV's out there - which is awesome since they are very competitively priced)
    only problem is, Vizio doesn't do 1080p(that I am aware of), only 720p/1080i
    Vizio uses LG panels in there plasmas, and those are not bad, but there electronics fail a little more than the rest of the other plasma manufaturers out there. There high praise usually comes because of how low there prices are, being new, they are trying to get well known in the market by having low prices, not a bad strategy.
    Oh, and fix pixel displays do not and can not do 1080i, it accepts the 1080i signal and converts it to 720p, 768p and 1080p depending on the native resolution rate of the display.

Havasu1986
    I have said this here many times, but everybody now a days wants the cool factor over picture quality. That is one reason I hope SED is not dead.
    You need your own section jyruiz

SixDays
    Just bought a 42" Sharp Aquos at Fry's for 1449. Check their web site to see the price...everybody was wiling to match it. I was gonna buy the 46", but the 4" gain was not worth the $$$, and although it is 12000:1 contrast, it was not a better picture. Very happy with the purchase...I just wish i could get one for the bedroom!!!

Coded-Dude
    The Aquos is a great TV at a great price. But, like all other manufacturers, they have known defects.
    I believe its BANDING, but is been a while.
    Of course Sharp is one of the FEW that recognize it as a "defect" and will replace it.
    Some of the other manufacturers are not so customer friendly with such issues.
    (like ghosting, burn in, banding, etc.)
    I was leaning towards a Sharp, but the price of the Vizio made me decide otherwise.

HammerDown
    You need your own section jyruiz
    And a translator to tell us what it all means...

djunkie
    I went through all this 2 weeks ago. Ended up going to Costco to look at them. I was set on the Sharp Aqious 46" LCD till I saw the 47" Visio LCD sitting next to it. I couldn't tell the difference in picture. So I bought the Vizio. And with the money I saved (about $600) I bought a 32" Visio LCD for my bedroom. So far I'm really happy with them.

Cole Trickle
    42" Panny Plasma is a great TV for the $$.
    I got the 50" 8 months ago and couldn't be happier.
    Freaking WalMart has the Pannys for dirt cheap. I scored mine for a good deal and it's now a ton cheaper.

Bense468
    Thanks, I will look into all of this. I want to put a 32 on my bedroom wall and was thinking of going with the vizio for that like you did.

THATJEFFGUY
    The more I read, the more I got confused too. Since I wasn't putting it on the wall, I went with the Mitsubishi DLP 65" So far, it's an awesome picture. Now I'm looking for a plasma or LCD to hang on the wall in the master bdrm...just can't decide what to buy. Any suggestions ?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast