Thread: Marine Stadium Aug. 9th.

GN Nostalgia Racer
    Congratulations and thanks to those REAl flat bottom guys that came to the stadium. We had 7 boats that competed in the Nostalgia Flat bottom class:Aaron Best, GN144, Raysoncraft flatbottom with a bbc,Josh Best, GN 143, 71 Sanger Flat bottom, sbc, Kent Santos,SK157 in a Hondo Flat,bbc,Cap SElleck, 167 in a So.Cal.Drag Bottom flat bottom, bbc, Chuck Craft,134,Beismeyer,flat, bbc,. Eric Sammons, 225 in a Litchfield flat, bbc. and Jeff Wooton 711,in a 16'flattie with a sbc.The Winners were 1st.place, Kent Santos, 2nd.place Eric Sammons and 3rd.place Chuck Kraft.
    In the Nostalgia Endurance Class We had 7 boats compete:James Best GN145 20' raysoncraft bbc,Bob Devine, GN47 21' raysoncraft GN bbc,. Kenny Knudson ET96 Tunnel sbc, Roger Finney CJ288 Finney in a Finney Craft jet bbc,.Terry cj410 bbc. AAron Best GN144 raysoncraft flat.BBC, John Bonichi,GN98 20'Raysoncraft bbc.driven by Kent Santos, and Jeff Wooton with his 16' flatie sbc. Jeff won the first heat with that boat. The winners, 1st.place Kenny Knudson, 2nd. place James Best, and third place Bob Devine. . All who participated had a great time. The next race is scheduled for Lake Ming in Bakersfield and already there are 6 flat bottoms commited to run. The entry fee for that race (October 25-26) is $40.00 dollars a day, $80.00 for the week end. 2 heats each day for each class. A big thanks to those that participated.
    [ August 11, 2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: GN Nostalgia Racer ]

CircleJerk
    Jimbo, Great news indeeedd! Interesting names there. I hope to meet each and everyone of them, some day. I still cant figure your speed perameters though. Is it 70 average, or 70 period? I dont know if I can slow our Laveys down that much!!!!! Great job racers and to you Jim my hats off to you and your club! {which reveals a smiling spinning bald guy!} smile_sp I have some great news Californians......

GN Nostalgia Racer
    CJ, I picked up a radar unit from the guy that is the western united states Calibration expert. We tried a particular model that apparently had trouble picking up boats. I went back on Friday and he gave me a different model. It worked flawlessly and we were able to monitor the speeds with no problem. The racers were told upfront that radar and timed laps would be used to monitor speeds. Most of the racers did very well in capping their speeds... those that did not, were penalized those laps that exceeded the 70 mph limit. All agreed that it was very effective and want it used on a regular basis.

Congratulations to Kent Santos for his 1st place finish in Nostalgia flat bottom!

Question is, you gonna run at Irvine Lake?