Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just checking is there any "GOOD NEWS" in the news

lewiville
    I was just on CNN.COM and all I could see was bad news. so I was thinking to myself .... " self, is there any good news on the news"?
    just wondering?

MRS FLYIN VEE
    we are happy, healthy and summer is on the way..

lewiville
    we are happy, healthy and summer is on the way..
    AWESOME.......................thanks MRS FLYIN VEEE. only one thing..it rained on my parade today

uvindex
    I was just on CNN.COM and all I could see was bad news. so I was thinking to myself .... " self, is there any good news on the news"?
    just wondering?If you Google "good news" you'll see there are lots of sites dedicated to just that subject. (They tend to focus on good news that fits their agendas, however, for example they might be "green" or Christian sites so keep that in mind.) But even on CNN, if you click on tabs like "Technology" or "Offbeat" you'll often find stuff that one might consider good news.

KeepsTheBeerAfloat
    Yes, river season is on the way. How's that?
    Oh yeah, and Jenna Jameson is in my avatar!!
    And, gas went down a couple cents today.
    And...hmmm, think I have some leftover beer from Easter...'bout a case or so.
    As I see it, things are looking up. Don't look to see what's going on in the world, look to see what's going on in your world!!
    Boat, beer, healthy family and money in your pocket! That sounds like good news!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
    AWESOME.......................thanks MRS FLYIN VEEE. only one thing..it rained on my parade today
    LIKE ANNIE SAID.
    the sun will come out tomorrow.. bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
    sorry I am off key.

Flyinbowtie
    There ya go, Mrs Vee. Right on.
    Good news? On TV?
    Probably very little, good news would make you think some things might be okay, and we all know lot's of people don't make any money or gain any power under those circumstances.
    Good News?
    Well, my eldest son is going to graduate from HVAC-R Training in Reno next month, he's got one good job and others are a-headhuntin' him. The U.S. Army was the best thing he ever did, and that's his opinion as well as mine.
    My youngest son, whom we almost lost at birth., and whom we were told would be disabled to the point where we would be tying his shoes for him for life is going to graduate from H.S. in June, a year late but he's gonna do it, he's got his own wheels and a sweet girlfriend, and is baggin' groceries after school.
    Times are tough, and the world isn't as safe as we once thought it was, and my back hurts like hell for some reason today, but there is some good news out there.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    There ya go, Mrs Vee. Right on.
    Good news? On TV?
    Probably very little, good news would make you think some things might be okay, and we all know lot's of people don't make any money or gain any power under those circumstances.
    Good News?
    Well, my eldest son is going to graduate from HVAC-R Training in Reno next month, he's got one good job and others are a-headhuntin' him. The U.S. Army was the best thing he ever did, and that's his opinion as well as mine.
    My youngest son, whom we almost lost at birth., and whom we were told would be disabled to the point where we would be tying his shoes for him for life is going to graduate from H.S. in June, a year late but he's gonna do it, he's got his own wheels and a sweet girlfriend, and is baggin' groceries after school.
    Times are tough, and the world isn't as safe as we once thought it was, and my back hurts like hell for some reason today, but there is some good news out there.
    wow.. congrats to your son.. That is great.

Flyinbowtie
    Thanks...
    I get pissy sometimes, dealin' with this forced retirment shiznit, but I still got my wife, my kids, my house and our little SkiSanger, and, like ya said, summer is a-comin.
    Seems like just yesterday I wandered into RRL

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Thanks...
    I get pissy sometimes, dealin' with this forced retirment shiznit, but I still got my wife, my kids, my house and our little SkiSanger, and, like ya said, summer is a-comin.
    Seems like just yesterday I wandered into RRL
    I haven't seen RRL in soooooo long.:jawdrop:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast