Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: berkeley pump question

bigkev77
    the pump for my sleekcraft is a 12JC with an A impeller.... what mods, if any, can be done to put a droop snoot on this thing?

Jetaholic
    Change the JC bowl to a JG bowl (they're interchangable)...the JG bowl is a split bowl so you can mount a droop on it.

bigkev77 A lot more info here about your boat (as much as you can provide) would help everyone but... its been our experience that Older Sleeks with thier bottom design don't seem to respond well to droops(which in your case would require a bowl change). Trim Diverters are a huge help however... Post up more and the guys can help you Tom

pw_Tony
    bigkev77 A lot more info here about your boat (as much as you can provide) would help everyone but... its been our experience that Older Sleeks with thier bottom design don't seem to respond well to droops(which in your case would require a bowl change). Trim Diverters are a huge help however... Post up more and the guys can help you Tom
    Don't mean to jack a thread, but would a droop on a '73 18' Sleekcraft help either?

bigkev77
    its an 18' 1976 sleekcraft rebel, originally had a 455, but currently building a 460 for it. i'll try and post some pics as soon as i get home and get the chance.

Its hard to really tell IMO its a cheap and easy experiment to try Tom
    ps waiting to see the pics

pw_Tony
    Its hard to really tell IMO its a cheap and easy experiment to try Tom
    ps waiting to see the pics
    What do you need pics of Tom?

pw_Tony
    Hey Tom would a hull like this possibly benefit from a droop? It's around 500hp and a Jacuzzi B impeller
    http://i18.tinypic.com/689k0g1.jpg

bigkev77
    well here she is... got a lot of work ahead of me, but its all gonna be worth it!
    the sticker is a little faded, but on the left rear corner of the transom is the original dealer sticker. still tryin to figure a way to keep that on the boat and restore that too.

pw_Tony
    So a droop good or no on this kind of boat?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast