Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boating accident on Havasu?

Rocket-J
    Has anyone heard about a boating accident on Havasu on the weekend of 4/13 - 4/16? I was there and heard the "Life Flight" but I don't know the details. My wife knows a person who is friends of one of the injured boaters, but still no details. That place is getting dangerous. :jawdrop: Al

Rocket-J
    That might be the one, but I think it was Sunday and a woman was injured and she is not expected to live. I hate hearing these stories, especially when we have passed the scene within a few minutes or hours. Lets hope for the best to all. Al

JetBoatRich
    That place is getting dangerous. :jawdrop: Al
    Faster and bigger boats

djunkie
    Faster and bigger boats
    And loose nuts behind the wheels.

707dog
    Has anyone heard about a boating accident on Havasu on the weekend of 4/13 - 4/16? I was there and heard the "Life Flight" but I don't know the details. My wife knows a person who is friends of one of the injured boaters, but still no details. That place is getting dangerous. :jawdrop: Al
    damn man it sound friggin dangeruos down there....either alot of azzholez on the water, peeps with $$ who go out and buy a H2O rocketship and have no clue how to drive them or just a shit happins kinda deal!!..kinda worrys me also cause we are headed down really soon for our first time...

Xlration Marine
    Faster and bigger boats
    Some what yes, but plain stupidty plays a big factor. I have had people turning left and looking right. It's like HELLO DUMB A$$. And the have no lines to fallow, so they think they can go any direction they want.
    A co worker was telling me about an incedent one day. I guess some punk in a ski boat came up next to them and cranked it hard, getting everyone in the boat wet. Well they caught up to them on land. The guy jumps out and beets the living chit out of the driver of the ski boat.

everybody be safe

Rocket-J
    707 Dog.
    We stay at the Needles Marina every year now because it is nicer than most of the RV sites at Havasu. They have RV sites that overlook the river and very sheltered mouring docks and lanch ramp. It is about a 25 mile ride down river to Havasu, through the Topock Gorge, which is the best place to boat in the Havasu area. For those who haven't been there in a while, there is a "no wake" zone that is about 1 mile long, in the middle of the narrowest part of the gorge. There are at least three crosses high on the rocks from fatalities in that area.
    Keep your head on a swivel all the time. Boats will come up behind you so fast, you don't want to be surprized. You will think the water is too rough to go any faster than you are and someone will pass you at twice your speed.
    It is still a very nice place to go. Stay sober, stay alert, be safe and have fun. Al

Mrs.Racer277
    That might be the one, but I think it was Sunday and a woman was injured and she is not expected to live. I hate hearing these stories, especially when we have passed the scene within a few minutes or hours. Lets hope for the best to all. Al
    It was not the one at Windsor then....2 males and they were not air lifted out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast