Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mercs New 4 Stroke Super Charged Ob

Cole
    Anyone have any info on these...4 stroke supercharged producing about 300hp!!!! supposed to be the sh*t.........but HEAVY!!!!

F26
    new mercs or tweaked 275's ?

bigkatboat
    "VERADO" all of the new Merc 4 strokes are coming out as "VERADOS" 4cyl, 6 cyl all supercharged, all intercooled, all warrantied. Supercharged 4 stroke torque, all electronic controls, ultra quiet. Makes me wonder why I still build I/O's and V- drives for customers. I'll start using the "second year production" in my boats. I will never use the "first year" of anything on a customer's project.

burtandnancy
    bigkat is right, the VERADO is really incredible. I got a demo by Merc when they first came out last year. Makes us big block guys believe in new technology. Looks like a BMW in line 6 standing on end with a huge screw blower.

Forkin' Crazy
    I hear the E-TEC is working on a 300hp V6 version and possibly a V8 version. That would kick the teeth in of the Verado. Can you say lighter then the 4 stroke, more power, and better emissions? :crossx:

D-BO
    We've sold a couple of them through our shop, the guys said they're quiet at an idle but on the go they're no more quiet that an Opti. I have also heard that if you get the 250 or 275 they really drink the gas. Most of my guys are either running older race motors or Opti's.

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
    On Hookie Day Up Here On The Delta. A Guy Had One On His Boat It Was So Quite At Idle The Only Way You Knew It Was Running Is By Water Coming Out Of Back. He Said His Boat Went 75mph And Did Not Suck Fuel Like 2 Stroke. The Only Problem With Verado Was They Did Not Make Performance Lower Yet.

Havasu Cig
    They need to get the weight down on them or they need to be run on a hull that would not be to sensitive to the additional weight. I will stick with my 300x's for now...

BILLY.B
    Lou at Lakeland Marine in Havasu City put a 275 Verado on my Hallett 210 and I couldn't be happier. The engine far exceded my expectations. Not only is it super quiet at idle it's the same at running speed. As far as not being any quieter then the optimax thats false. Being heavier then the normal outboard didn't bother me as my boat is not for racing but for overall pleasure and this engine is over the top in that department. And by the way..I used just over 15 gallons to go from Needles Marina to Havasu Springs and back at around 45 mph. Thought that was pretty decent. Price might turn some of you off but then whats cheap anymore. Plus the thing just looks cool.

wsuwrhr
    Bling,
    I need to post that pics of you driving it up the rocks....
    I'll be back.
    Brian
    Lou at Lakeland Marine in Havasu City put a 275 Verado on my Hallett 210 and I couldn't be happier. The engine far exceded my expectations. Not only is it super quiet at idle it's the same at running speed. As far as not being any quieter then the optimax thats false. Being heavier then the normal outboard didn't bother me as my boat is not for racing but for overall pleasure and this engine is over the top in that department. And by the way..I used just over 15 gallons to go from Needles Marina to Havasu Springs and back at around 45 mph. Thought that was pretty decent. Price might turn some of you off but then whats cheap anymore. Plus the thing just looks cool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast