Thread: Super Chiller questions

1968Droptop
    Does a Super Chiller make more power ? It seems to me it would by allowing you to run more boost. Is this theory correct ?
    I'm still planning on running pump gas, will the chiller allow me to run a little/lot more boost w/o detonation ?
    Can a chiller work with nitrous ?
    Is the Blower Shop the only option ? Or is the the only way to go quality wise ? Other options ?
    As always, thanks for your opinions.

DMOORE
    Well ,in a way yes it does make more power. It's actually due to the fact that with the intake charge so much cooler, the charge is denser, which equals more power. Secondly, you can run more boost without getting into detonation. My motors run 10psi on pump gas with no problem, (with chillers).
    Darrell.

widowmaker
    Well ,in a way yes it does make more power. It's actually due to the fact that with the intake charge so much cooler, the charge is denser, which equals more power. Secondly, you can run more boost without getting into detonation. My motors run 10psi on pump gas with no problem, (with chillers).
    Darrell.
    Aluminum or steel heads and what compression?

Havasu Carrera
    Yah what he said and what ci?.

1968Droptop
    Is The Blower Shop the only choice we have ?

P-Money
    I got mine from J540 here on the boards. I beleive Superdave013 picked up a couple of cores from him a while back as well.

oldselmn8tr
    My understanding on this is not so much a boost in horsepower but it allows you to maintain the power on longer runs. I am pretty sure there are a few different makes of chillers but will have to get back to you on that as I can't recall off the top of my head. Nitrous goes good with everything if done correctly.

DMOORE
    Just seen the post from the other day. I run steel heads, and 7.5-1 compression.
    Darrell.

Smitty19
    CP performance has a nice chiller from Eikert that I think is less money than the blower shop. I was told from rick at moneyham that I could run 10 lbs on pump as well alum. heads and 8.5 he was doing the math, I mix a little race 110 though usually 30%
    don't want to test the therory to hard,had it a part & and no sign of any detonation