Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Start At Desert Storm

Jbb
    If thats the truth I seriously doubt the big boys would be showing up next year. Who wants to bring their million dollar skater half way across the country to idle to the card stop?.....
    Yep.....there would likely be lots of room next year....

BoatFloating
    I do the know back seat passengers issue is true if the boat goes over 110 MPH. Good thing I'm running my small props then...

Boatlesss
    Who is going to police this?
    It is a free country (dare I say this) and the rules are voluntary to say the most as what can they do if you ignore them? It is a public lake.
    Passengers in the rear. Opps you are running 111 stop??
    You guy's can only idle. Opps someone took off.
    There are always people, dare they be called stragglers, that run along with the others and do not pay to enter as some of these events are expensive to join and what they get out of it is a t-shirt and cold hamburger. So what is to keep one from doing this year to year without paying the organizer?
    With these events bringing in 10's of thousands of $$ for the event organizers in profits, they had better ask the participants what they want to see/do before the participants decide not to attend an event 1/2 way across the country from their home port.
    I agree, who wants to travel across the country to participate in a high dollar parade?

Charley
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????
    Who can confirm the new start program for Desert Storm.
    I have heard through good sources such as Bob Teague, that this year is going to be slightly differn't.
    OK Bull$hit alert........you and Bob Teague talking is like the day an East coast boat doesnt porpoise

Cole Trickle
    My Bloody Mary with still taste the same.
    Preech on!!!

djunkie
    Preech on!!!
    Isn't it past your bedtime?

Kilrtoy
    OK Bull$hit alert........you and Bob Teague talking is like the day an East coast boat doesnt porpoise
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    SMACCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK KKK

dicudmore
    hmm :idea: :idea:

Magic34
    The only thing i dont understand is the back seat passengers.
    Predator and others who are operating with headsets, 95% of all 120 MPH+ boats out there this weekend will have them, can have backseat passengers who act as observers for other boats.
    Watch the predator video that was done a few years ago. People in the back seat were also helping with locating boats and/or potential hazards nearby. At 150, 8 eyes are a hell of a lot better than 4.
    I think that instead of saying that you cant have back seat passengers if you plan on going over 110, the boats that are over 110 should prove safety items such as headsets and lifeline jackets for as many passengers as they are planning to carry.
    To keep passengers out of the fast boat is basically telling me that if an accident was to happen like Lake Texoma, the numbers are limited because less people were on the boat. I dont see a safety risk, only that they could help more in tight situations if they did arise.
    Also, boats who wanted to run over 110, make the driver AND passengers attend a 30 minute drivers meeting with people like Tres Martin (he'll be there) and Teague, to go over what the passengers should be doing to help the driver and helpful tips for the drivers to deal with conditions of the rund, like where the lake gets narrow and where more boats may be at that time on the lake.

my21advantage
    My Bloody Mary with still taste the same.
    And they're pretty damn tasty too!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast