Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Real estate

Some Kind Of Monster
    I'm thinking of trying something new. I've been a computer / network tech for years and I am just sick of the same environment day in and day out. Does anyone have any experience buying and selling houses for profit? I am looking into taking a real estate classe next semester, but I thought I would get some ideas first. Is this the type of thing that takes money to make money? Or can I do this with financing? I am also interested in buying homes, remodeling them, and then reselling. What are the ups, downs, things I need to know? Is it possible, or am I getting into something too deep? Thanks for any advice.
    P.S. I'm also interested in purchasing properties to rent out. No.. Not to family

Tequila-John
    I'm thinking of trying something new. I've been a computer / network tech for years and I am just sick of the same environment day in and day out. Does anyone have any experience buying and selling houses for profit? I am looking into taking a real estate classe next semester, but I thought I would get some ideas first. Is this the type of thing that takes money to make money? Or can I do this with financing? I am also interested in buying homes, remodeling them, and then reselling. What are the ups, downs, things I need to know? Is it possible, or am I getting into something too deep? Thanks for any advice.
    P.S. I'm also interested in purchasing properties to rent out. No.. Not to family
    I have a good buy for you. My condo

dumbandyoung
    check your pms

USCFAN
    This should be good.

Some Kind Of Monster
    This should be good.
    Actually it went to page 2 right quick. C'mon, I KNOW there are a lot of you interested in this stuff.

cdog
    Bad timing.

Some Kind Of Monster
    Bad timing.
    Bad timing for the thread? Or bad timing to get into this business? I don't want to start buying today. I want to know everything I need to know before I get started. How do I get a license? What are good classes to take? What are good companies to work with?

ChumpChange
    Bad timing.
    Agreed. Bad timing to get into this type of business. It can still be done but with little or no experience doing it, you may be in for a world of hurt.

cdog
    Bad timing for the thread? Or bad timing to get into this business? I don't want to start buying today. I want to know everything I need to know before I get started. How do I get a license? What are good classes to take? What are good companies to work with?
    Here is where I went for my broker lic..
    http://www.asreb.com/

Some Kind Of Monster
    Agreed. Bad timing to get into this type of business. It can still be done but with little or no experience doing it, you may be in for a world of hurt.
    Ok, I'm ready to learn. I've heard that house values will drop again next winter. I want to be prepared to buy at that time. Does that sound about right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast