Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Header Coating Burning Up - Help

Willis
    Hello People,
    Need some help on which header manufacture to use?
    The current headers are Rewarder and the coating burns of around 13-1350 degrees.
    Does your manufacturer temp exceed 1500 degrees before burning off?
    Where can I get the info
    Thanks
    Willis

blue wonder
    Hello People,
    Need some help on which header manufacture to use?
    The current headers are Rewarder and the coating burns of around 13-1350 degrees.
    Does your manufacturer temp exceed 1500 degrees before burning off?
    Where can I get the info
    Thanks
    Willis
    hey willis...we own a powdercoating shop here in yuma and we have a coating that is good to 1600 deg...find me in bakersfield and ill let you know more about it and can give you a ballpark price...i take it you want zoomies done????....thanks...tony...#475 Blue Light Special...(the old blue thunder boat...find me!!!!

pw_Tony
    hey willis...we own a powdercoating shop here in yuma and we have a coating that is good to 1600 deg...find me in bakersfield and ill let you know more about it and can give you a ballpark price...i take it you want zoomies done????....thanks...tony...#475 Blue Light Special...(the old blue thunder boat...find me!!!!
    I always wondered about power on headers that I've seen. At the shop I worked at it was baked at 400 degrees. But that's not the jet coat, just powder. Wouldn't powder just melt back off?

blue wonder
    I always wondered about power on headers that I've seen. At the shop I worked at it was baked at 400 degrees. But that's not the jet coat, just powder. Wouldn't powder just melt back off?
    its not a powder...it a special high temp coating that we use.

Willis go see Jeff @ Embee in Santa Ana. They coat top alcohol and injected nitro car zoomies with some trick stuff. I saw some of Roy Miersch's zoomies in there and they looked nice. Maybe talk to Harold Jr. at Ming, hes involved with Embee.

sandwindersandcars
    is the 1600 degree stuff polishable?
    i had always understood that the polishable ceramic is good to 1300degrees, and if you want higher temp capable, it has to be the flat finish ceramics, those are the ones that can go to 1600. i.e. flat black, flat red, flat blue,flat grey.
    just wondering if they have come up with polished ceramic than can go higher temp before it burns, our buggy headers get burnt spots at the outsides of the exhaust bends.

JR131
    hey willis we have had the gas motor prety hot and the coating is still there
    its also polishable give jeff a call @714 546-6907 he will take care of you
    see you at the race
    jt

moneysucker
    Don't use jet hot. It sucks. Tony, Your vinyl is being weeded as we speak and will be in Big D's hands this afternoon.

pw_Tony
    For super cheap budget I have bought the Ceramic lookin 1600 degree spray bomb. I haven't used it on a boat, but I did spray a light coat on my black hooker headers, they haven't faded at all since I've done it, or burn off or anything, quite surprised I was. But what can I say I'm a poor white boy:devil:

blue wonder
    is the 1600 degree stuff polishable?
    i had always understood that the polishable ceramic is good to 1300degrees, and if you want higher temp capable, it has to be the flat finish ceramics, those are the ones that can go to 1600. i.e. flat black, flat red, flat blue,flat grey.
    just wondering if they have come up with polished ceramic than can go higher temp before it burns, our buggy headers get burnt spots at the outsides of the exhaust bends.
    its kinda like that but we have a new clear that goes over it that brings the shine out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast