Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: You nearly saw the burning of The Great Satan

ULTRA26 # 1
    So Smokin, Christians are allowed to kill. Your pastor should be very proud of you. You're a very sick man Smokin. You need help.
    Where I come from killing in the name of self defense is the only time it is even remotely OK.
    Again dude, you really need help.

eliminatedsprinter
    How can you continue to compare WWII to the mess in Iraq??
    It's easy if you know the history??
    Why does it bother you??
    Why don't you just sit at your computer and roll your eyes and say to yourself "oh no, there goes Eliminatedsprinter getting all historical again"??
    In case you haven't noticed I have a decent background and education in history and social studies. A little bit of historical perspective is what I try to bring to the table in these little debates.
    One thing that the supporters of oppression, and apeasment of oppressors, know is necessary to their cause, is that we forget the lessons that were learned from previous conflicts esp WWII. I will never forget those lessons. The civilized world must never forget. I work every day with people who fought in WWII and saw first hand the cost of appeasement of evil. Jihadism is evil. It is as evil as Nazism and it shares many of the same goals. It is just as uresponsive to compromise (it only sees it as a Western weakness to exploit) and islamists are just as untrustworthy and unable to be negotiated with as Hitler was.
    I'll tell you what Ultra, you go ahead and forget...:squiggle:
    I'll remember for the both of us.:idea:

bigq
    Why does it bother you??
    Why don't you just sit at your computer and roll your eyes and say to yourself "oh no, there goes Eliminatedsprinter getting all historical again"??
    In case you haven't noticed I have a decent background and education in history and social studies. A little bit of historical perspective is what I try to bring to the table in these little debates.
    One thing that the supporters of oppression, and apeasment of oppressors, know is necessary to their cause, is that we forget the lessons that were learned from previous conflicts esp WWII. I will never forget those lessons. The civilized world must never forget. I work every day with people who fought in WWII and saw first hand the cost of appeasement of evil. Jihadism is evil. It is as evil as Nazism and it shares many of the same goals. It is just as uresponsive to compromise (it only sees it as a Western weakness to exploit) and islamists are just as untrustworthy and unable to be negotiated with as Hitler was.
    Good post, Jihad is more then just blowing people up it is very political to reach there goal. I would date it all the way back to the Ottoman Empire. I would guess most people roll there eyes at that being a reality again. Over 70% muslims would disagree though.

Blown 472
    Good post, Jihad is more then just blowing people up it is very political to reach there goal. I would date it all the way back to the Ottoman Empire. I would guess most people roll there eyes at that being a reality again. Over 70% muslims would disagree though.
    How does what is going on now correlate with the Ottoman Empire??

ULTRA26 # 1
    Why does it bother you??
    ES, The iissues involved in WWII were far greater than the just the Nazis in Germany.
    Cause of war in Asia
    Main articles: Events preceding World War II in Asia and Japanese expansionism
    Following the policies adopted after the Treaty of Versailles by occidental powers toward the recognition of Japan as a colonial power, many politicians and militarist leaders such as Fumimaro Konoe and Sadao Araki promoted the idea that Japan had a right to conquer Asia and unify it, under the rule of Emperor Hirohito.
    Japan invaded Manchuria in 1931 and China in 1937 to bolster its meager stock of natural resources, to relieve Japan from population pressures and to extend its colonial realm to a wider area. Conquered areas of China became subject to a harsh occupation, with many atrocities against civilians.
    The United States, United Kingdom, Australia and the Netherlands (which controlled the oil of the Dutch East Indies), reacted by instituting embargoes on exports of natural resources to Japan. The western powers also began making loans to China and providing covert military assistance.
    Japan was faced with the choice of withdrawing from China, negotiating some compromise, buying what they needed somewhere else, or going to war to conquer territories that contained oil, iron ore, bauxite and other resources. Japan's leaders believed that the existing Allies were preoccupied with the war against Germany, and that the United States would not be war-ready for years and would compromise before waging full-scale war. Japan thus proceeded with its plans for the war in the Pacific by launching nearly simultaneous attacks on Malaya, Thailand, Hong Kong, Hawaii, the Phillipines, and Wake Island.
    For propaganda purposes, Japan's leaders stated that the goal of its military campaigns was to create the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere. This, they claimed, would be a co-operative league of Asian nations, freed by Japan from European imperialist domination, and liberated to achieve autonomy and self-determination. In practice, occupied countries and peoples were completely subordinate to Japanese authority.
    Cause of war in Europe
    Main article: Events preceding World War II in Europe
    Germany and France had been struggling for dominance in Continental Europe for fifty years, and fought two previous wars, the Franco-Prussian War, and World War I. Meanwhile the power of the Soviet Union threatened to eclipse them both as industrialization spread to this massive country. World War I had been a preemptive war by Germany against the precursor to the Soviet Union, the Russian Empire,[2] but it ended in catastrophe for the Germans, with millions dead, the loss of some peripheral territory, and economic hardships.
    Molotov signs the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact in Moscow. Behind him are Shaposhnikov, Ribbentrop, and Stalin.In the six years preceding World War II, Adolf Hitler, leading the Nazi Party, took power in Germany and eliminated its democratic government, the Weimar Republic. As stated in Mein Kampf, an autobiographical book outlining his plans for the future, Hitler's goal was to invade and conquer lands around Germany, and to make them German. He railed against Communists and ethnic minorities, such as Jews. After taking power, he prepared Germany for another war with large political rallies and speeches.
    The Spanish Civil War between 1936 and 1939 saw a democratic government supported largely by the Soviet Union and other members of the League of Nations get overthrown by a Nazi supported Nationalist party lead by General Franco.
    During the late 1930s Hitler abrogated the Treaty of Versailles, which had brought peace after WWI. He re-militarized the Rhineland, and increased the size of the German army, navy, and air force.
    The British and French governments followed a policy of appeasement in order to avoid a new European war, out of concern for perceived war-weariness of their populations due to the huge death tolls of the first World War. This policy culminated in the Munich Agreement in 1938, in which the seemingly inevitable outbreak of the war was averted when the United Kingdom and France agreed to Germany's annexation and immediate occupation of the German-speaking regions of Czechoslovakia. In exchange for this, Hitler gave his word that Germany would make no further territorial claims in Europe.[3][4] Chamberlain declared that the agreement represented "peace for our time." In March 1939, Germany invaded the rest of Czechoslovakia, effectively killing any notions of appeasement.
    Hideki Tojo of Imperial Japan.The failure of the Munich Agreement showed that negotiations with Hitler could not be trusted, as his aspirations for dominance in Europe went beyond anything that the United Kingdom and France would tolerate. Poland and France pledged on May 19, 1939 to provide each other with military assistance in the event either was attacked. The British had already offered support to Poland in March.
    On August 23, 1939, Germany and the Soviet Union signed the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. The Pact included a secret protocol that would divide Central Europe into German and Soviet areas of interest, including a provision to partition Poland. Each country agreed to allow the other a free hand in its area of influence, including military occupation. The deal provided for sales of oil and food from the Soviets to Germany, thus reducing the danger of a British blockade such as the one that had nearly starved Germany in World War I. Hitler was then ready to go to war with Poland and, if necessary, with the United Kingdom and France. He claimed there were German grievances relating to the issues of the Free City of Danzig and the Polish Corridor, but he planned to conquer all Polish territory to incorporate it into the German Reich. The signing of a new alliance between the United Kingdom and Poland on August 25 did not significantly alter his plans.
    On September 1, 1939, Germany invaded Poland, causing France and the United Kingdom to declare war. The United Kingdom brought with it the huge British Empire, and most members of the British Commonwealth joined the war soon after.
    Iraq didn't attack the US, prior to our insavion. Iraq didn't threaten to attack the US. Iraq wasn't behind 9/11. Our main goal in Iraq is control of Iraqi oil and to impose western control in a mid-east country Our invasion of Iraq was not sanctioned by the United Nations, the organisation formed in 1945, as a result of WWII, to prevent war. The Iraqi war doesn't resemble a world war, similar to WWII or any other world war for that matter. Death toll from WWII over 30 million and in a similar time frame to that of the mess in Iraq
    While there might be similarities to ceertain factions of WWII, comparing the Iraqi war to WWII is like comparing a nuclear bomb to a firecracker.
    No real comparrison at all.
    One of the main lessons learned as a result of WWII and the loss of 30 million plus lives was that the world must do everything possible to avoid war as opposed looking for ways to start war, just as we did in Iraq..
    Our "bring it on" dumb fu** cowboy President is the one who needs a lesson in history.
    We've turned a mess into a huge pile of shi*. I don't the US coming away from iraq, this year on in 10 years without smelling and looking like shi* to the rest of the world.

eliminatedsprinter
    ES, The iissues involved in WWII were far greater than the just the Nazis in Germany.
    Cause of war in Asia
    Following the policies adopted after the Treaty of Versailles by occidental powers toward the recognition of Japan as a colonial power, many politicians and militarist leaders such as Fumimaro Konoe and Sadao Araki promoted the idea that Japan had a right to conquer Asia and unify it, under the rule of Emperor Hirohito.
    Japan invaded Manchuria in 1931 and China in 1937 to bolster its meager stock of natural resources, to relieve Japan from population pressures and to extend its colonial realm to a wider area. Conquered areas of China became subject to a harsh occupation, with many atrocities against civilians.
    The United States, United Kingdom, Australia and the Netherlands (which controlled the oil of the Dutch East Indies), reacted by instituting embargoes on exports of natural resources to Japan. The western powers also began making loans to China and providing covert military assistance.
    Japan was faced with the choice of withdrawing from China, negotiating some compromise, buying what they needed somewhere else, or going to war to conquer territories that contained oil, iron ore, bauxite and other resources. Japan's leaders believed that the existing Allies were preoccupied with the war against Germany, and that the United States would not be war-ready for years and would compromise before waging full-scale war. Japan thus proceeded with its plans for the war in the Pacific by launching nearly simultaneous attacks on Malaya, Thailand, Hong Kong, Hawaii, the Phillipines, and Wake Island.
    For propaganda purposes, Japan's leaders stated that the goal of its military campaigns was to create the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere. This, they claimed, would be a co-operative league of Asian nations, freed by Japan from European imperialist domination, and liberated to achieve autonomy and self-determination. In practice, occupied countries and peoples were completely subordinate to Japanese authority.
    Cause of war in Europe
    Germany and France had been struggling for dominance in Continental Europe for fifty years, and fought two previous wars, the Franco-Prussian War, and World War I. Meanwhile the power of the Soviet Union threatened to eclipse them both as industrialization spread to this massive country. World War I had been a preemptive war by Germany against the precursor to the Soviet Union, the Russian Empire,[2] but it ended in catastrophe for the Germans, with millions dead, the loss of some peripheral territory, and economic hardships.
    Molotov signs the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact in Moscow. Behind him are Shaposhnikov, Ribbentrop, and Stalin.In the six years preceding World War II, Adolf Hitler, leading the Nazi Party, took power in Germany and eliminated its democratic government, the Weimar Republic. As stated in Mein Kampf, an autobiographical book outlining his plans for the future, Hitler's goal was to invade and conquer lands around Germany, and to make them German. He railed against Communists and ethnic minorities, such as Jews. After taking power, he prepared Germany for another war with large political rallies and speeches.
    The Spanish Civil War between 1936 and 1939 saw a democratic government supported largely by the Soviet Union and other members of the League of Nations get overthrown by a Nazi supported Nationalist party lead by General Franco.
    During the late 1930s Hitler abrogated the Treaty of Versailles, which had brought peace after WWI. He re-militarized the Rhineland, and increased the size of the German army, navy, and air force.
    The British and French governments followed a policy of appeasement in order to avoid a new European war, out of concern for perceived war-weariness of their populations due to the huge death tolls of the first World War. This policy culminated in the Munich Agreement in 1938, in which the seemingly inevitable outbreak of the war was averted when the United Kingdom and France agreed to Germany's annexation and immediate occupation of the German-speaking regions of Czechoslovakia. In exchange for this, Hitler gave his word that Germany would make no further territorial claims in Europe.[3][4] Chamberlain declared that the agreement represented "peace for our time." In March 1939, Germany invaded the rest of Czechoslovakia, effectively killing any notions of appeasement.
    Hideki Tojo of Imperial Japan.The failure of the Munich Agreement showed that negotiations with Hitler could not be trusted, as his aspirations for dominance in Europe went beyond anything that the United Kingdom and France would tolerate. Poland and France pledged on May 19, 1939 to provide each other with military assistance in the event either was attacked. The British had already offered support to Poland in March.
    On August 23, 1939, Germany and the Soviet Union signed the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. The Pact included a secret protocol that would divide Central Europe into German and Soviet areas of interest, including a provision to partition Poland. Each country agreed to allow the other a free hand in its area of influence, including military occupation. The deal provided for sales of oil and food from the Soviets to Germany, thus reducing the danger of a British blockade such as the one that had nearly starved Germany in World War I. Hitler was then ready to go to war with Poland and, if necessary, with the United Kingdom and France. He claimed there were German grievances relating to the issues of the Free City of Danzig and the Polish Corridor, but he planned to conquer all Polish territory to incorporate it into the German Reich. The signing of a new alliance between the United Kingdom and Poland on August 25 did not significantly alter his plans.
    On September 1, 1939, Germany invaded Poland, causing France and the United Kingdom to declare war. The United Kingdom brought with it the huge British Empire, and most members of the British Commonwealth joined the war soon after.
    Iraq didn't attack the US, prior to our insavion. Iraq didn't threaten to attack the US. Iraq wasn't behind 9/11. Our main goal in Iraq is control of Iraqi oil and to impose western control in a mid-east country Our invasion of Iraq was not sanctioned by the United Nations, the organisation formed in 1945, as a result of WWII, to prevent war. The Iraqi war doesn't resemble a world war, similar to WWII or any other world war for that matter. Death toll from WWII over 30 million and in a similar time frame to that of the mess in Iraq
    While there might be similarities to ceertain factions of WWII, comparing the Iraqi war to WWII is like comparing a nuclear bomb to a firecracker.
    One of the main lessons learned as a result of WWII and the loss of 30 million plus lives was that the world must do everything possible to avoid war as opposed looking for ways to start war, just as we did in Iraq..
    Our "bring it on" dumb fu** cowboy President is the one who needs a lesson in history.
    We've turned a mess into a huge pile of shi*. I don't the US coming away from iraq, this year on in 10 years without smelling and looking like shi* to the rest of the world.
    Very nice.
    Now go out and read "The Rise And Fall of the Third Reich", "Mein Kamph", and a few hundred more articles like the above, but on more specific aspects of history from 1900-1955. Then read "The Prince" (Don't worry it's a short book) by Nicolo Machiavelli. Then you might start to understand..
    Sorry your point (or lack thereof, isn't valid). There is a lot of history that the polical left would like us to forget.... I won't fall into that trap....
    Why is it so important for you to reject historical comparisons...Shoot I wouldn't care if you chose to compare "Iraq Freedom" to "The Punitive Expidition" I'll bet there were lessons learned from that one that can be applied too, who knows, it might be fun??.

eliminatedsprinter
    Cause of war in Asia
    Cause of war in Europe
    Very nice.
    Now go out and read "The Rise And Fall of the Third Reich", "Mein Kamph", and a few hundred more articles like the above, but on more specific aspects of history from 1900-1955. Then read "The Prince" (Don't worry it's a short book) by Nicolo Machiavelli. Then you might start to understand..
    Sorry your point (or lack thereof, isn't valid). There is a lot of history that the polical left would like us to forget.... I won't fall into that trap....
    Why is it so important for you to reject historical comparisons? Shoot I wouldn't care if you chose to compare "Iraq Freedom" to "The Punitive Expidition" I'll bet there were lessons learned from that one that can be applied too, who knows, it might be fun??.

eliminatedsprinter
    So one of the main lessons you take from your knowledge of WWII is that N. Chamberlain was right???

eliminatedsprinter
    :idea:
    Our President is the one who needs a lesson in history.
    Could this be a sigh you are starting understand me a tiny bit???
    Of course he does, as do Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.:idea:
    President Bush also need to re-read some Machiavelli, so he can get a clue as to what Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are doing to him as well...

Blown 472
    :idea:
    Could this be a sigh you are starting understand me a tiny bit???
    Of course he does, as do Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi.:idea:
    President Bush also need to re-read some Machiavelli, so he can get a clue as to what Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are doing to him as well...
    Doing to him? seems as thou he is a good read, divide and concour?? ring a bell?

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast