Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Sea Wall - usable?

ClownRoyal
    Am I the first one to notice (sorry if brought up in another thread) that when this thing is completed there will be no sand in front of the wall to moore. Right now there is about 2-3 feet. Anyone with a boat longer then 12' will bash there boat into the wall. Someone please tell me they are going to fill some sand on the outside. If not, then kiss mooring on the island side goodby (at normal lake level).

riverroyal
    also the lake is still a few feet low,so when its up,there will be no sand,in some spots water would touch the wall.My guess is next time they dredge the channal, which i think is every 2 years now ,they may replace some sand.Or it may mean that fewer boats can park there,thus less crowds:idea:

riverroyal
    also the lake is still a few feet low,so when its up,there will be no sand,in some spots water would touch the wall.My guess is next time they dredge the channel, which i think is every 2 years now ,they may replace some sand.Or it may mean that fewer boats can park there,thus less crowds:idea:

riverroyal
    how did that happen???:jawdrop:

HavaTan
    Did anyone notice the mountain of sand covering the sidewalk and dirt above the seawall...
    They said they will redeposit all that sand on the other side of the wall to shore it up some... Of course, that will probably narrow the channel even more so that can DREAM UP some new law that boats over 30' won't be able to come into the channel or something like that...
    Give it time, they'll come up with something...

riverroyal
    no overtime????The city should have them working saturdays to be on schedule.I guess lost revenue for channel shops isnt a issue

phebus
    The answer is "Pontoon". Fock if I really know, the fact is, it's my birthday, and I've been out drinking. Oh, and I now own a pontoon.

Baja Big Dog
    Phebus....put down the mouse and step away from the keybord!!!!

SHOTKALLIN
    also the lake is still a few feet low,so when its up,there will be no sand,in some spots water would touch the wall.My guess is next time they dredge the channel, which i think is every 2 years now ,they may replace some sand.Or it may mean that fewer boats can park there,thus less crowds:idea:
    :idea:Thats a mighty slck idea to solve crowd control. They can blame it on erosion. Crowd control at its best.:idea:

79centurion
    phebus you can tow us smaller boats while we drink and have a good time And I would be okay with smaller boats.
    Dan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast