Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fuel line question

atxwrangler
    what size lines do you all run from the tank to the filter! -8? -10? i figured on -10 to the fuel log is that overkill?

Cole Man II
    I run a 10 line from the tank to the filter and pump. A 10 line from the pump to the regulator, and 6 line from the regulator to the carbs. I also run an 8 line from the pump back to the tank as my return line.

ghittner
    10 from the tank

atxwrangler
    OK THANX! THE FITTINGS IN THE TOP OF THE TANKS ARE 3/8 SLIP ONS NOW WITH A BUILT IN CHECK VALVE.IS THE CHECK VALVE NECESSARY?OR CAN I JUST ORDER -10 AN 90'S TO REPLACE THEM WITH!:idea:

superdave013
    I'd shit can those flow restrictors, I mean check valves.

vee-driven
    i run -12 to a T and -10 to the bg pump and regulator and -8 to the carbs.

atxwrangler
    I'd shit can those flow restrictors, I mean check valves.
    l.m.f.a.o.! i'm getting a fitting order together for ya as we speak!

VDRIVERACING
    I run a 10 line from the tank to the filter and pump. A 10 line from the pump to the regulator, and 6 line from the regulator to the carbs. I also run an 8 line from the pump back to the tank as my return line.
    Me too. Suggest you use radius bend fttings too, not cast 90's. Wherever possible use fittings that also have inside radiused edges (most regulator or pump manufacturers sell these). Also, look at mongo inline filters, like
    System1. Cannister filters can be very restrictive....

atxwrangler
    thanx,i'll make sure i look for the radioused 90*'s.thanks for the input! i'm running two holley 850's,with a fuel log,do i run a 1 or 2 port regulator? -10 to two -8's ,then one -8 to each end of the log????

VDRIVERACING
    If you're running a log with four outlets to the carbs, run a -10 to one end of the log, then -6 to each corner of the carbs.
    I run a four port Magnafuel regulator, so I was able to ditch the log, and do not use a return system. I have -10 from the pump to the regulator(Magnafuel sells a -10 inlet fitting) then -6 to each carb inlet.
    You didn't mention if you had two tanks, but if you do, think about a Magnafuel Y fitting instead of a T fitting. Others make Y fittings, but I have found magnafuels stuff to be well engineered and high quality.
    What are you doing about a filter?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast