Thread: Fresh Carbon still on the mold

Kurtis500
    I hope you guys like this one, I'm finally back to producing the part after working on the mold for a while. (very time consuming) I just pulled it from the mold and havent even wiped it off for the picture. Should shine some more after a touch of polish.
    More stuff to come. Also comes in black with either blue/orange/yellow or green.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Forum_Graphic_Depo t&image=redcover.JPG&img=&tt=[/img]
    http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imag...r.JPG&img=&tt=
    if the picture doesnt come out for me as usual, would someone please post it. thanks, hope you like it.
    [ November 21, 2002, 08:05 AM: Message edited by: Kurtis500 ]

Sangster
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/redcover.JPG[/img]

Sangster
    Looks killer Dude, I could use a set for BBC Tall.. Email or PM me a price when you get a chance.... wink

superdave013
    Sangster:
    Looks killer Dude, I could use a set for BBC Tall.. Email or PM me a price when you get a chance.... wink That's what I'm sayin. He could make a killing doing BBC stuff.
    That hemi one looks pimp btw.

Kurtis500
    Heres another pic of the part. Sorry for everything being so dirty it has been in my shop amongst all the dust and so-on.
    I cut the back 1/3 of the part off this morning after de-molding for some testing. This picture has my (dirty) boat trailer resting nearly all the weight on the rear tire that is on the valve cover. This is with the other part of the cover missing that would help keep the sides from slipping out and flattening the cover. It still holds up the weight, and the 392 alone is heavy enough.
    Better pictures to come
    http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imag...e.JPG&img=&tt=

Kurtis500
    The only problem with making parts is the time needed to manufacture the mold. The BBC stuff is where the volume is at, but there are a couple makers out there for the valve covers already. The K&N are pretty light and I think they clear all the studs. I've seen some that are painted with urethane, but I wonder how the urethane will last under flex from heating and cooling on the motor. I also noticed some flexing in between bolt holes on the cover rail when bolted down. But the ones I saw the guys didnt have a problem with the leaking since the gasket filled the voids. The cover to fit the exhaust riser is a good idea since they arent there. I got that one in line right now after a couple other parts I make. I'm going to do a couple parts that are possible with only RTM and not able to be vacuumed or open molded. Good thing is this 392 hemi cover is the most complicated one to make, so the rest should be less complicated. Other cool part is the colors these fabrics come in.

INEEDAV
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Forum_Graphic_Depot/tire.JPG[/img]

Infomaniac
    Better check them for tire prints before buying one.

superdave013
    Kurtis500:
    The only problem with making parts is the time needed to manufacture the mold. The BBC stuff is where the volume is at, but there are a couple makers out there for the valve covers already. The K&N are pretty light and I think they clear all the studs. I've seen some that are painted with urethane, but I wonder how the urethane will last under flex from heating and cooling on the motor. I also noticed some flexing in between bolt holes on the cover rail when bolted down. But the ones I saw the guys didnt have a problem with the leaking since the gasket filled the voids. The cover to fit the exhaust riser is a good idea since they arent there. I got that one in line right now after a couple other parts I make. I'm going to do a couple parts that are possible with only RTM and not able to be vacuumed or open molded. Good thing is this 392 hemi cover is the most complicated one to make, so the rest should be less complicated. Other cool part is the colors these fabrics come in.NO ONE makes a BBC deal that will clear marine exhaust like myslef and the I/O guys run. You could make a killing selling them on OffShore Only. I bet you could even get Rex to carry them for you.