Thread: Lake Keowee

flspectra
    Anyone have info on lakefront properties that might be available on Lake Keowee, SC or possible Lake Hartwell? I thought I saw some past threads that suggested there still might be some "reasonably" priced land on some portion of at least Hartwell. An info appreciated
    Chuck

MIKEHTMSR24
    Anyone have info on lakefront properties that might be available on Lake Keowee, SC or possible Lake Hartwell? I thought I saw some past threads that suggested there still might be some "reasonably" priced land on some portion of at least Hartwell. An info appreciated
    Chuck
    Call Rich Bennett @ 864-314-3260 cell
    864-287-0000 business
    864-287-8565 home
    Hartwell is the much better performance and my opinion lake, Keowee is nice but can get small.
    Tell Rich I sent you to him
    Mike Parks

flspectra
    Thanks for the info. We are going to plan a trip to the area soon to see what we can find. Any areas to avoid on Lake Hartwell?
    Chuck

MIKEHTMSR24
    On hartwell the hot spot is near Portman Shoals marina I-85 exit 14.
    Bennett has a house near the bridge on 85.
    Just make sure the dock area has deep water. We didn't have any water problems at all this yr but about 3 yrs ago the lake got down way too low. About 15 feet and it was dangerous. I have been boating on this lake for over 15 yrs and that was the only time the lake got really low. Usually it goes down about 7 ft and its no problem then unless you house is in a cove with low water.
    Keowee is pretty much a retiree lake and a bunch of pontoon boats for the most parts. If you boat a lot that lake will get small quick. Its a pretty lake but Hartwell is the place to be.

MIKEHTMSR24
    I was in the Skater full of fuel and 5 aboard
    With the speedo climbing like a tach we hit in the mid buck fifty pretty quick

MIKEHTMSR24
    he wants to talk to ya :argue:

Cheap Thrills
    Glad to see some more boaters from the SE finding their way here.
    I usually run my rat boat on Keowee it's a beautiful lake and it does get a little small esp on holliday weekends. During the week days it's not too bad.
    Sorry I dont know any realitors in the area but thought I would jump in here and wave a hand. Good luck with your search.
    Fall Creek Access.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...AG0010-med.JPG
    C.T. :wink:

Mrs.sleekcraft76
    Chuck
    My aunt has a house on Lake Hartwell. The house is deep in a cove, and they always had problems with low water (to the point where the pontoon was always stuck, and the jet ski was sitting on the floor of the cove)
    If you get a house on the corner of a cove, you should be fine.
    Good Luck!

dortoh
    anybody know anything about lake marion

MIKEHTMSR24
    My aunt has a house on Lake Hartwell. The house is deep in a cove, and they always had problems with low water (to the point where the pontoon was always stuck, and the jet ski was sitting on the floor of the cove)
    If you get a house on the corner of a cove, you should be fine.
    Good Luck!
    but its stayed at full pond all yr last yr
    usually it gets down about 7 feet but the yr it was so bad it got down to 15+