Thread: Distributor cover

marty722
    Back in the 70's I had a hotrod boat and I also had a plastic cover that fit over the Distributor keeping it from geting wet.... Is there anything like that out there for a msd Distributor? I'l also looking for a coil cover also.... Any links would be great.... Thanks

wrenchdaddy
    Ya, I could use a cover for my distributor too. Mine gets wet all the time and runs like crap.

obnoxious001
    Back in the 70's I had a hotrod boat and I also had a plastic cover that fit over the Distributor keeping it from geting wet.... Is there anything like that out there for a msd Distributor? I'l also looking for a coil cover also.... Any links would be great.... Thanks
    When I ran my race boat, I ended up using a naugahyde cover, same type that I used on my headers, with a velcro strap. Stayed on well, easy to remove for any necessary service. Any upholstery place should be able to make something up for you?

I agree with OB001, I've used one as well. The plastic covers were made by a co. called Covilon. The quit making them back in the late 80's or early 90's. We used to sell lots of them back then.