Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robbed, Part 2

Scott, is there anything that could be identified? I would bet green money some of your stuff will be showing up at the swap meets. Turlock swapmeet is coming up at the end of next month and I scope out all the v-drive stuff I see. I will gladly keep an eye peeled for your parts and notify the "proper authoritys" if anything turns up that could be yours. Merry Fu*kin Christmas, huh?

DUCKY
    It really sounds like they were after tools, and got the v-drive stuff by chance. Check all those pawn shops up and down Main st., maybe with a list of your stuff. You know the guy will ask the proprietor of the place if he has a use for "this steel thing with two ears on it and a hole in the middle"
    Good luck and I sorry to hear you got nailed again.

126driver
    058:
    Scott, is there anything that could be identified? I would bet green money some of your stuff will be showing up at the swap meets. Turlock swapmeet is coming up at the end of next month and I scope out all the v-drive stuff I see. I will gladly keep an eye peeled for your parts and notify the "proper authoritys" if anything turns up that could be yours. Merry Fu*kin Christmas, huh? Nothing that could be positively ID'ed as mine. If you see any 7/8" RH props at a swap meet though, there's a pretty good chance it might be mine. Maybe a brand-new set of RH lightened 12's? Nothing I could prove though. Hell, I'll buy 'em back. I just got off the phone with my insurance adjuster and he said only $1K on any boat stuff because it wasn't scheduled.
    Merry effin xmas. No doubt. Screw it - I'm going to go play poker and drink beer and tell my wife I'm Christmas shopping.

BigBoyToys
    Sorry to hear about that (again) Scott. I'll keep my eyes open up this way for anybody selling the stuff. If I find it, I can guarantee you that you won't have to "buy it back". But the SOB that took the stuff is gonna need lotsa $$ to pay for the doctor bills!

Scott, check you PM.

Stab-n-Steer
    126driver:
    I'm talking to the cop that came out yesterday, well, ok, ranting at the cop that came out and said "WTF, guess there's nothing I can do." He suggested that we "electrify" the fence. I say yeah, so the guy can sue my ass after he gets shocked and can't get a hard-on anymore. The cop agrees. Then I say that I carry a personal firearm and I should just shoot the thief but I'd just get thrown in prison. The cop says, "well, if it was on your personal property and no one else was around . . ." It's certainly not the fault of the police, seems like they're real frustrated with all of the liberal left-wing BS too. Scott,
    Man, I sure am sorry about your run of bad luck. I wish I was closer to you, I'd buy the beer...
    A few years back, a buddy of mine woke up to find three assholes in his house carrying his TV, Stereo, etc. out the front door. They had already got his tools from the garage. He came downstairs with his .357. Two of them made it out the door, he shot the third one three times. Unfortunately, the bastard lived but was paralyzed. My friend was actually arrested and was convicted of "excessive force". The judge ruled that since the "victim" wasn't armed "equally" he should of used better judgment. He had to serve weekends in jail for two years!
    Because he was convicted of a crime, this allowed the "victim" to sue him in civil court for damages, which he won, and got like 1.1 million!
    That's our system at work...
    S&S

Scott, The way your luck is running I would stay far away from anything that remotely resembles a gambling table, cards, dice, slot machines, ect...

126driver
    058:
    Scott, The way your luck is running I would stay far away from anything that remotely resembles a gambling table, cards, dice, slot machines, ect... Too late. I NEVER lose at cards, and got waylaid last night. Just wasn't into it I guess. I even folded with two winning hands because I wasn't paying attention.

CircleJerk
    126, this is the saddest thing I have heard this season and I am truly sorry. I know I have razzed you before for having a nice trailer but I thought they offered protection from this sort of thing. Heck, I was getting one to protect the whole boat during off season! Our current Law system just doesnt work for folks like us. It only works for the criminal! I spent 36 days on a Jury that convicted a druggie of a double O J Simpson style killing that handed him a RARE Death sentence. I just read the News that said the death penalty was lifted because the cops didnt read him his rights soon enough! Now I hear he gets a new trial because, get this, his PUBLIC defender was incompetent and ASKED the Judge for the wrong jury instructions. All at the tax payers expense of course. I know nothing I can say will make you feel better and all the advise here is simply a little too late but I would get that trailer closer to where I sleep and a large pack of BIG well fed canines! Terribly sorry for your loss! I'll keep my Nostalgia guys eyes open for suspisious good stuff and the 7/8 props will really stand out. Wishing you better luck in getting back what is rightfully yours....Jerk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123