Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shortening headers

'75 Miller
    I'd like to cut my Bassett water injected headers down in length. Pretty much like to at least cut the belled end off, if not a little more. How short is too short?

DMOORE
    I'd like to cut my Bassett water injected headers down in length. Pretty much like to at least cut the belled end off, if not a little more. How short is too short?
    If you turn them into Zoomies, that too short.
    Darrell.

BrendellaJet
    Cut away, just make it straight!

wsuwrhr
    PM gofastracer here on the boards.
    He has a slick procedure to decide how much to cut off.
    Brian

kraig
    Start at the bell end with them COLD, and make a line on the collector with some red lipstick...no foolin. All the way to where the four go into one. Start it and where the lipstick stops melting off is a safe place to make your cut.

IMPATIENT 1
    Start at the bell end with them COLD, and make a line on the collector with some red lipstick...no foolin. All the way to where the four go into one. Start it and where the lipstick stops melting off is a safe place to make your cut.
    hey good idea my cracker cuzzin,lol. waz up kraig?

kraig
    What Up T?

kraig
    Hows the 19 comin along?

IMPATIENT 1
    it's coming along fine, maybe 3wks till till it gets wet. i'm gonna cut down my headers too and let it breathe, wanted zoomies but that'll wait, i'm broke. rotating assembly is balanced and ready to install, just gotta find time to build it. i need to find out where to put my o2 sensors on the headers??

kraig
    Sweet. I'm pullin mine in acouple of weeks. Dont know where to put them o2's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast