Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shortening headers

IMPATIENT 1
    Sweet. I'm pullin mine in acouple of weeks. Dont know where to put them o2's
    pullin out the mill?

kraig
    Yea, so much blow by it's comming out of the front seal, AND putting about 2oz of oil in some home-made puke tanks.

IMPATIENT 1
    reringing it? go back with plasma moly's, they seat good on a honed cylinder plus they give you the option of alittle nitrous shot later on if ya want.file fit em!

kraig
    Yes. Where do I get those style of rings?

watergun4u
    The way i have always done it, ,is to go about one inch from where the end of the taper on the bells,goes flat go one inch more on both, but rap with duck tape, or masking tape and make your line all the way around, sliding a tape measure from end of header to marks on the tape hold pencil,at whatever marks come out to on tape measure, and go around header holding pencil on the same spot, then cut line,,, repeat on other header come's out nice!

moparjet
    will the baffels still work after cutting...and do they rust at the ends?

Ken F
    A better way to get a straight line is wrap a piece of paper all the way around the tube, once you even up the ends of the paper, you have a straight line.
    Hope this helps,
    Ken F

Nucking futs
    Start at the bell end with them COLD, and make a line on the collector with some red lipstick...no foolin. All the way to where the four go into one. Start it and where the lipstick stops melting off is a safe place to make your cut.
    Thats how we tuned headers in the day. It works!!!

'75 Miller
    Thanks for the responses. I think I'll cut 'em between the bell and the Bassett logo.
    Thanks again,
    Matt

n8dawg
    Thanks for the responses. I think I'll cut 'em between the bell and the Bassett logo.
    Thanks again,
    Matt
    Thats where mine are cut. Still have the logo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12