Thread: What Can Blower Calibrated Carbs do...

pw_Tony
    To a naturally aspirated motor? Was workin on my pop's Hondo and his carbs were all gummed up. We had my center squirter 660's laying around and we threw them on and the thing fired right up! Anyway we're tinkering with them and I just wanted to know what could happen with running blower calibrated carbs on a N/A motor? The secondaires start to open at about 1/8 throttle. And if you just step on it the motor bogs for a sec. Could this be fixed just by jetting? Anyhelp would be coo. And would some 450's work better? It's a 9:1 decently mild motor. We run from Martinez up to piccacho, about 18 miles each way. Andy it's got a total of 26 gallon tanks. Thanks

Fiat48
    Depends on who worked on them. Some guys change boosters, most increase jet sizes.
    Find the list number on the carbs and get the stock jets and power valves back in them. Go from there.

Blown 472
    My understanding is the 660 is a tunnel ram carb, they are designed for drag racing and set up to be either at idle or wot, that is why the secondaries move real soon.