Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burley Kboat Roll call

I have to get a list of Kboats that will be making the Burley race.
    Please chime in.
    K5
    K51
    K69
    K711
    K50
    K66
    K23?
    Brinton?
    K24?
    K6? Is this deal still gonna happen? Art?
    K150?

GofastRacer
    Tony, you know better than that I have no idea what he's doing!..

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    I heard Art Anderson was driving the
    K-6
    K-24
    and K-150 simultaneously.
    The K-boat camera crew will be there without camera because I wouldn't want superdave to think I was making money off any vacationing spectators.

GofastRacer
    K-6
    K-24
    The K-boat camera crew will be there without camera because I wouldn't want superdave to think I was making money off any vacationing spectators.
    RIGHT!...

k24?

Mid-life Crisis
    k24?
    I love your persistence Tony, and I personally will be there but without K-24. You know I'm working my butt off just to get my first ride. I'll be out there soon. Bank on it!!

Steve,
    Get the boat out there. Collect your money and get some experience! Can you think of a better situation to get seat time than on the racecourse in Burley? You have unlimited knowledge with over 250 years of racing experience just with Rankin (that guy is as old as dirt and almost as smart.) By the time you leave Burley you will have 6 or 8 heats under your belt.

Mid-life Crisis
    Tony,
    I totally understand the fastlane approach to getting seat time but as I have said before, My experience with circle boats is 2 years in the A-STOCK RUNNABOUT category. I haven't been behind the wheel of a powerful boat since I was 17 and have ZERO clue about driving a K-boat.
    Even you got to drive K-13 for a couple of days before your first race AND have tons of flatbottom experience to boot.
    I know how competitive of a person I am and I have been injured enough times in my Moto-x career to understand the building block program of starting out slow, gaining perspective, practicing and then race. Ask me this question 10 years ago my answer would have been different.
    I got into shifter kart racing back in 1999 and dove in with both feet. Almost No seat time, entering big races with experienced drivers all around. I had moments of thinking that I was "keeping up" with these guys and inevitably pushing harder than my experience level and I ended up crashing my brains out, bending parts, and getting frustrated. As you know, the stakes are higher in boat racing in the event of a crash and I do not want to put myself in a position of falsly thinking I'm in control, push the envelope and crash. Racing is an adrenaline sport and that adrenaline can skew judgement.
    I am going to focus on getting out to Irvine Lake hopefully even before the regatta date and sort out some of the notions I've been thinking about K-boats for the last 30 years. Once that monkey is off my back, I'll start looking at racing. All you guys have been really helpful and supportive to me and I really appreciate it. I understand the wealth of knowledge around me and want to benefit from it. This has been a dream of mine as a little kid and I'm going to make the most of it.
    Steve

dossangers
    Just wondering if a ''REPLICA RACE BOAT'' is allowed??
    If so ill be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superdave013
    K-6
    K-24
    Oh my I must of hit a nerve!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast