Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best AMPS

Run_em_Hard
    I dont have any room for them besides the engine compartment.
    I haven't had any problems in almost 3 years with mine...do what you have to do

Buster
    Apline PDX and JL for the subs. The Aplines are the bomb, small and clean output.

77charger
    Xtant 604 going on 4 years.

thmper321
    Alpine PDX amps are great for boats. They are 85% efficient which means cooler operating and less battery usage.
    If you want high end that can handle abuse then go with the TRU technologies Billet series amps. They have no less than 3 fans built into the heatsink and have less than 1% defect ratio. Still built in the US also!!

sponger_2
    i will run mmats amps when i get my new boat. ive used them in my truck for yrs,no prob. they dont get hot, they dont need a ventilation, and they are a class d amp. these amps are VERY underrated in power.

FilthyHaBIT
    3 Zapcos in the engine compartment and 8 more tucked away in the cockpit and never had any problems with a one of them. The boat is exposed to cold and hot temperatures all year as it stays under a covered boat dock on a lift. Image Dynamics speakers have taken the most abuse.....many of them getting wet and still thumping.

phebus
    3 Zapcos in the engine compartment and 8 more tucked away in the cockpit and never had any problems with a one of them. The boat is exposed to cold and hot temperatures all year as it stays under a covered boat dock on a lift. Image Dynamics speakers have taken the most abuse.....many of them getting wet and still thumping.
    You're running 11 amps? Lots of power, but doesn't sound like a real effecient design. I'd like to see more details, like how you power a system like that. Wow!!

Cheap Thrills
    McIntosh
    Why woud you put them in the engine compartment??
    If you really have to put them there, then buy cheap amps, because you will be replacing them often
    Agreed on the McIntosh. These amps are priced to be seen as well as heard.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...glow_large.jpg
    Though I don't think Fidelity is as a major concern in most marine applications as SPL. I would go with a more cost effective alternative.
    Alpine PDX seems to be a popular choice. However I am not sure of any amplifiers ability to withstand the harsh operating enviroment such as an Engine/Bilge area. There's alot of heat and moisture there, not something Most electronics are fond of.
    With that said I believe most any mid end components Ie. Alpine , JL, Fosgate, Soundstream ( one of my favs) ect. should give satisfactory results. Stay away from the low end knock offs.
    Good Luck.
    C.T. :wink:

FilthyHaBIT
    You're running 11 amps? Lots of power, but doesn't sound like a real effecient design. I'd like to see more details, like how you power a system like that. Wow!!
    You used to be able to see the build on Image Dynamics website. I think they are reworking that section of the site though. We are powering 8 12's, 4 15's , 4 horns, 4 mid bass 8's , 6 mid bass 4's and 2 of Blaupunkts new Velocity series coaxial 6"inchers. Those are the odd guys out as everything else is Image Dynamics but they are the most powerful 6" speakers I could find. SOund Incredible. The system probably pushes 10,000 watts rms or there abouts as the Zapcos are rated generously. All of this fun stuff was powered by 2 Eagle Pitcher Horizon Big amp batteries. They turned out to be junk and for good reason.....you can't even buy them anymore. They were soposed to be latest and greatest. My new batteries are working AWSOME. NorthStar energy builds them and you can purchase them from Energy1.com I've got 2 and they will have that system thumping most of the day. I just plug the boat in at night and they are maintained. The batts are the slim design being all of 4" wide and look cool. Ohh they are a very dense AGM and have the best numbers out of any battery you will find. Believe me I've done my research. I will post some pics if the boat was taken of Dynamics website.

mbrown2
    You used to be able to see the build on Image Dynamics website. I think they are reworking that section of the site though. We are powering 8 12's, 4 15's , 4 horns, 4 mid bass 8's , 6 mid bass 4's and 2 of Blaupunkts new Velocity series coaxial 6"inchers. Those are the odd guys out as everything else is Image Dynamics but they are the most powerful 6" speakers I could find. SOund Incredible. The system probably pushes 10,000 watts rms or there abouts as the Zapcos are rated generously. All of this fun stuff was powered by 2 Eagle Pitcher Horizon Big amp batteries. They turned out to be junk and for good reason.....you can't even buy them anymore. They were soposed to be latest and greatest. My new batteries are working AWSOME. NorthStar energy builds them and you can purchase them from Energy1.com I've got 2 and they will have that system thumping most of the day. I just plug the boat in at night and they are maintained. The batts are the slim design being all of 4" wide and look cool. Ohh they are a very dense AGM and have the best numbers out of any battery you will find. Believe me I've done my research. I will post some pics if the boat was taken of Dynamics website.
    Wow...that system sounds like it kills..................................... fish!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast