Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hondo T-deck/ Cole T-deck rear seats

mdunn01
    I am curious how many Hondo owners of T-decks have a rear facing bench seat and can get 3 adults on the back seat? I have a Cole T-deck and know that the Hondo T-decks are basically the same ( width and compartment shape) and would consider redoing all my seats to make a rear bench to get one more in? Right now i can only get two adults facing one another and thats legs interlocked, not much room in a Cole at all. A cooler, forget it unless it goes under the bow or somewhere very small and out of the way. Just not much room unless i reconfigure my seats which I am thinking about doing. So pictures, commets, etc? I would like to hear them.
    Mike

BrendellaJet
    My boat is based off of the same foundation(Hondo Pantera) The boats are a lot narrower than other 18s. I dont think you will gain any room changing the configuration. I had 2 buckets and a bench in mine and realistically I could only get 2 adults and t smaller people in there comfortably. If you want more room, get a different style hull that will allow it.

mdunn01
    My boat is based off of the same foundation(Hondo Pantera) The boats are a lot narrower than other 18s. I dont think you will gain any room changing the configuration. I had 2 buckets and a bench in mine and realistically I could only get 2 adults and t smaller people in there comfortably. If you want more room, get a different style hull that will allow it.
    You know thats what i am thinking and some time next year i might sell the Cole and get a open bow Ultra Jet boat. But right now i can get 4 little kids in the back rear facing seats no problem at all. Like up to 12 years old usually is easy but bigger it drops me down to just two. My old 18 Rapid Craft Jet boat had the same seat configuration with rear facing seats and man so much more leg room in the back. The new Cole T-deck is very narrow inside.
    Mike

watergun4u
    I am able to get five, to six in mine with a ice chest, but with the ice chest it's alittle tight, but without, its no problem!

Statue
    I have the exact same boat, down to the paint scheme. Mine's a 1988. If you give me your email address I'll send you some pics of my interior.
    Wes

mdunn01
    my email is m.mdunn@verizon.net
    I would like to see some pics of this.
    Mike

mdunn01
    I am able to get five, to six in mine with a ice chest, but with the ice chest it's alittle tight, but without, its no problem!
    Do you have pics?
    Mike

Twins+one
    I tried to call you today.
    Here is the skinny on packing that boat. Soft side cooler on passenger side under deck. And yes I can get a 30 pack plus lunch in there anyone that knows me knows thats true. Small boat bag, two towels, cell phone etc.. passenger side gunnel. 10X10 easy up fits between the seats. 2 5 gallon gas cans on driver side gunnel. skis, vests, tow ropes, paddle etc.. under the bow. Anchor in the back under the exhaust pipes, just cut the sides of the anchor down a little and put some blue tape over the ends. Chairs??? That is what the deck is for, but if you really need some the passengers have to hold them till you get to a day beach. If you are bringing a full size cooler and 3 people it works great, a 60 quart cooler fits perfect in the back seat.
    Hope this helps!

Ran it twenty minutes (sound familiar) sounds good!! everythings a go for next Monday Tom
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...r/DSC05543.jpg
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...r/DSC05544.jpg

mdunn01
    Tom,
    Sounds ok hun? Cool, i was a bit concerned about the water flow going into the pipes and wanted to make sure that was working well. I will be there Monday morning at 10am.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast