Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch Your Kids!!!!

YeLLowBoaT
    Hope you GOOGLED in your phone number. If you're listed, it will give preditors your address and map to your house. You need to remove it
    did not know that, thanks... just had it removed.

Badger301
    WOW....glad to hear things are ok...Thats the main reason my little one doesnt play out front, you just never know....it can happen in any area.

Devil's Advocate
    Someone tried to Snatch my 10 year old daughter from my front yard this morning. Fortunately, she made agood decision and got back in the house. We live in a very good neighborhood, but near an elementary school --he was probably cruising the school area. Pretty hard to believe and really scary. So, just watch your kids -- its not safe to be a kid anymore.
    Holy shiat!! How scary. So glad she is home safe and you guys did well teaching her.

PunkAssBitch
    When my oldest was 10 or 11, some azzhole tried to snatch him from his bus stop one morning. This bus stop was right across the street from a neighbor's (LEO) house w/his unit parked in the driveway. The azzhole kept driving past my boy back & forth, then yelled to him to come over to the car...my boy said NOPE & then the guy got out of the car & started chasing him. My son ran for his life, the guy grabbed his backpack, he wiggled out of it & then leapt over a fence into another neighbor's backyard & dropped about 12 feet, spraining both of his ankles pretty badly & he fell in bushes, so he was pretty scratched up. That neighbor freaked out because he thought someone was trying to break in, but then realized what was going on & went outside & started chasing the guy down the street.
    Scared the crap out of ALL of us around here....but the worst part of it all was how the Sherriff & our school district handled it. They said that since there were no witnesses (even though the neighbor chased the guy & got a description of the car & guy), they pretty much said my son "cried wolf"...now, it's no secret that my boy has some issues, but he did NOT make this situation up...such fockin' bullshit!!! The only thing that they said they'd do was to keep an eye out for the guy & his car, but that was it. They didn't even step up more patrolling of the areas. The school district didn't issue alerts to other parents, and I had to fight them tooth & nail to get his bus stop moved closer to our house.
    We ended up doing the fliers around the neighborhood & started up a Neighborhood Watch Program here. This kind of thing can happen at ANYTIME of the day or night, anywhere.
    There's a really great book called Protecting The Gift by Gavin de Becker. I highly recommend it & definitely teach all of our kids the lessons in that book!

Lavey29
    Someone tried to Snatch my 10 year old daughter from my front yard this morning. Fortunately, she made agood decision and got back in the house. We live in a very good neighborhood, but near an elementary school --he was probably cruising the school area. Pretty hard to believe and really scary. So, just watch your kids -- its not safe to be a kid anymore.
    I am very glad your daughter is safe. This is also my worst fear for my child. Teach them young how to react to situations. Everyone on here also needs to be aware of the public internet site that you can access to be alert to convicted sex offenders in your area (city). It falls under the "Megans Law" criteria. You can research your area on your home computer usually by zip code or street names are best or you can go into your local police station and use their system to access the website for sex offender info in your area. I found one convicted offender living at the end of my street during the check. Watch your little ones at all times......

Flyinbowtie
    Hokey;
    I'm sure you and the local cops are already on top of this, but I'll throw it out there anyway...
    Check with every neighbor in the area, if one of them has Surv. Video on the front of their house they may have caught the car. Many times, that info can be linked to 290 Registration info...
    In most cases, just being in the neighborhood and approaching a child is a violation of their probation/parole.

b's sanger
    Here is a website for everyone to check out. It will list many sexual predators living/working near an inputted address. A little knowledge goes a long way.
    www.FamilyWatchDog.us

Trailer Park Casanova
    About 20 years ago I was installing a condensing unit next to a families house and looked up and saw a stranger walking their little girl to his van holding her hand.
    Didn't seem right, we called to the guy to stop.
    He let her hand go and took off.
    We gave a description,, and he was caught.
    Had priors. Lots of priors.

YeLLowBoaT
    heres the link for CA...
    http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/
    lots of search options... its almost scary what you find... LA county for example has 11208 registered sex offenders... the average per county is about 2300.

b's sanger
    Here is a website for everyone to check out. It will list many sexual predators living/working near an inputted address. A little knowledge goes a long way.
    www.FamilyWatchDog.us
    This website has pictures too. Your daughter might be able to possibly ID this idiot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast