Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Watch Your Kids!!!!

Old school Ultra
    After reading all the post's I went to the Megan's Law web page, Why is it that all these sick Fockking Bastages only go after little kids!! almost everyone of them is acts to a minor under 14.... It makes me sick, I am going to have a talk with my kids and mention to all my neighbors tonight to talk to there kids as a little refresher....
    Glad to hear your kid got away,
    Thanks for the eye opener..

HokeySon
    Thanks for all the support y'all. Daughter is still pretty freaked out (and really clingy -- which is okay by me)
    Flyinbowtie: great idea on checking for surveilance tapes -- I hadn't thought of that --- Neighbor down the street has the car on tape and daughter idenitified it and the driver.
    To close things out, the local cops did a great job making a presence around the schools and neighborhood in both the morning and afternoon. They are taken the tape to see if they can get the license off of it -- not great resolution as it is. Signs are up and neighbors are alerted. Hopefully that and more patrols will either put this guy in a cage or drive him back into his hole.
    Oh, one more thng that I learned is that sometimes these preditors tell the kids that a parent was in an accident and sent him to pick up the child. My kids now have a password -- if someone feeds them that line without the password -- they know it is not from me or my wife and to run. Seems like a good idea and so wanted to share.
    Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to all you peeps.

MRS FLYIN VEE
    Thanks for all the support y'all. Daughter is still pretty freaked out (and really clingy -- which is okay by me)
    Flyinbowtie: great idea on checking for surveilance tapes -- I hadn't thought of that --- Neighbor down the street has the car on tape and daughter idenitified it and the driver.
    To close things out, the local cops did a great job making a presence around the schools and neighborhood in both the morning and afternoon. They are taken the tape to see if they can get the license off of it -- not great resolution as it is. Signs are up and neighbors are alerted. Hopefully that and more patrols will either put this guy in a cage or drive him back into his hole.
    Oh, one more thng that I learned is that sometimes these preditors tell the kids that a parent was in an accident and sent him to pick up the child. My kids now have a password -- if someone feeds them that line without the password -- they know it is not from me or my wife and to run. Seems like a good idea and so wanted to share.
    Anyway, just wanted to say thanks to all you peeps.
    :jawdrop: I just saw this when you brought it TTT I am so sorry your daughter and you both had to go through this. I am glad the cops were right on it.. Great for you and the neighborhood for the signs you put out. I hope they get that plate number and woop his ass before they haul him to jail. I would love to get his ass in an alley before the cops can.
    Great thinking by your daughter and great parenting from both of you for her to think the way she did and high tail it into the house.
    I hope you gave her one of the biggest hugs you could have. I know I would have..
    she is very smart

topless
    My kids are now 15 and 17 and I still worry but not as much. They are both very smart. When they were your kids age, I let them walk to the convenient store and some guy was following them really slowly. They turned around and ran home. I'm just glad I taught them that early on. It seems you have done the same.

centerhill condor
    what happened to our country?
    back in the day we left on bikes in the morning and got home before dark and had all kinds of fun with out being afraid? How did soooo many people get turned into perverts?
    I flipped through that perp show last night and people still show up to have sex with 12 yo?
    BTW, I'm glad to hear your kid did the right thing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234