Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 850hp-900hp

502procharger
    ok i talked to procharger today and went over the motor i am building. they told me with 6lbs of boost i should have 850-900hp. i have know idea if this is going to be to much for my 25' switzer. i only have a stock bravo 1. what drive or upgrades do i need with this kind of power. i run like 600hp now and have never had a problem with my bravo 1, but i do not take off like a retard. and advise would be great.

Hotcrusader76
    502procharger:
    ok i talked to procharger today and went over the motor i am building. they told me with 6lbs of boost i should have 850-900hp. i have know idea if this is going to be to much for my 25' switzer. i only have a stock bravo 1. what drive or upgrades do i need with this kind of power. i run like 600hp now and have never had a problem with my bravo 1, but i do not take off like a retard. and advise would be great.800+HP...better have a strong bottom end!

502procharger
    billet crank, manley pro series rods, je pistons, crane roller valve train, what else do you think i should look into for the lower end?

Hotcrusader76
    502procharger:
    billet crank, manley pro series rods, je pistons, crane roller valve train, what else do you think i should look into for the lower end?Dry sump oil system...???? Looks like youv'e got it covered. Anyone want to add anything here???
    eek!

502procharger
    ty,
    i really do not know much about a dry sump. what is the differance, and what are the benifits? what do they cost?

Hotcrusader76
    502procharger:
    ty,
    i really do not know much about a dry sump. what is the differance, and what are the benifits? what do they cost?To be quite honest I am not the expert on it, but I do know that it allows you to put more oil in the areas its most needed without having to wait for the internal oil pump to do the rest. Plus there is less oil being thrown around from the moving mass of the rods and crank.
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think when your up around those numbers 900HP+ or so, it isn't a bad choice, but expensive. Call around and see what some others think.
    -Ty

502procharger
    i will call around tomorow. if anyone else knows please let me know.

dlerch
    hi 502.How do you like your switzer?Are they well made?I see quite a few for sale in the boat trader and was curious.
    How fast is your boat and how does it handle rough water?

Jungle Boy
    If you are planning to make that kind of HP you should run a dry sump system. It will make more HP and be safer for the engine. Check out this website for more info; www.johnsonsoilpumps.com.
    There is a good section in there to explain how they work.
    JB

shockwaveharry
    Is this motor the Stage 1 540 we were talking about?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast