Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First trip out

460 jus getn it
    Made my first trip out for the season, all went well. I can say that i could tell the difference right off the bat in the shoe and plate. The pump felt like it was loading so damn hard(maybe because the shoe is .125 below the keel. I have to address that this week. The plate was set at 2.5* degree from the rideplate seat. The shoe that is in there is a 2 deg tapper and i could see where the term carry the nose comes from. Still have the ass end planted, couldnt be because i didnt pull the plate up at all threw out the day(water was horrible and the beach was packed)
    I tested the boat on shut down, 4k turn it off and it went straight, 4500 same thing, 5k no difference.
    Thinking of ordering a back-cut as well and see if i can get the boat aired out.
    All in all it was a great day. No intake leaks, loose battery.
    I have to say thanks to MIKE DARNER, the end that attaches to the carb fell off the cable and i had to drive back into town. Mike was on his way out the door and stopped to help me and get me on the road. Thanks MIKE.

squirt'nmyload
    Made my first trip out for the season, all went well. I can say that i could tell the difference right off the bat in the shoe and plate. The pump felt like it was loading so damn hard(maybe because the shoe is .125 below the keel. I have to address that this week. The plate was set at 2.5* degree from the rideplate seat. The shoe that is in there is a 2 deg tapper and i could see where the term carry the nose comes from. Still have the ass end planted, couldnt be because i didnt pull the plate up at all threw out the day(water was horrible and the beach was packed)
    I tested the boat on shut down, 4k turn it off and it went straight, 4500 same thing, 5k no difference.
    Thinking of ordering a back-cut as well and see if i can get the boat aired out.
    I have to say thanks to MIKE DARNER, the end that attaches to the carb fell off the cable and i had to drive back into town. Mike was on his way out the door and stopped to help me and get me on the road. Thanks MIKE.
    glad to hear it went good for ya ....now we may have to reconsider going to canyon.......mebbe do a pache day trip:idea: or the river :idea:

76ANTHONY
    dam fo, now your boats like brand dam new, fricken baller.... glad ta hear ya had a good day with the new set up bro

cave
    Nice to hear all went well Ty.

Jetaholic
    I'm tellin' ya...the only reason you had those problems is because you're black.

Duane HTP
    If you're carrying the nose high and the tail is planted, try running it with the plate at 1 degree before you buy the back cut shoe. That might help. If that plants the nose, then go for the back cut shoe. If you have questions, PM me. If all of this doesn't help, we may have to call upon the great Rondane for help. He He!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    If all of this doesn't help, we may have to call upon the great Rondane for help. He He!
    I see that Duane is chipper this morning Good morning Duane, Im glad to see you and your family is ok. That was some nasty weather back east.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    If you're carrying the nose high and the tail is planted, try running it with the plate at 1 degree before you buy the back cut shoe. That might help. If that plants the nose, then go for the back cut shoe. If you have questions, PM me. If all of this doesn't help, we may have to call upon the great Rondane for help. He He!
    He needs to set the plate correctly. He has no idea where the plate is in relation with the keel. I will have to help him get the plate set correctly. Then he can go and test again.
    Is there any way to correct a mis aligned shoe? This shoe was not cut square from american turbine

76ANTHONY
    I'm tellin' ya...the only reason you had those problems is because you're black.
    AWHHHAHAHAHA TY AINT BLACK, is he?

Duane HTP
    Is there any way to correct a mis aligned shoe? This shoe was not cut square from american turbine
    If you mean by misalined, that the plate doesn't come out the back of the boat straight, yes you can. By making a new plate, and taper cutting the front edge until you have it straight. Then put the attachment bolt holes in the plate and bolt it on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast