I know this is Cats & Tunnels and I own a V, but here is some interesting info on Rhino shocks for those of us who aren't big ballers going long travel. It's from the Black Rhino forums. No offense to Evo or SoCal Fab, I just thought his was some good info to share.
[Quote]
Ishock - $1200: Single spring rate, no reservoir, compression dampning and pre-load adjustable.
Fox-$1700: Single spring rate, piggyback reservoir, pre-load adjustable.
Elka- All Elka shock series have identical spring rates and valving. As the series go up in price, you get progressively more adjustability.
Elka Economical - $2005: Single spring rate, piggyback reservoir, pre-load adjustable.
Elka Recreational - $2155: Single spring rate, piggyback reservoir, pre-load adjustable. Front adds compression dampning adjustment.
Elka Sport - $2710: Single spring rate, piggyback reservoir front & remote reservoir rear, pre-load adjustable. Front & rear compression and rebound adjustable.
Elka Performance - $995: Single spring rate, piggyback reservoir front & remote reservoir rear, pre-load adjustable. Front high and low speed compression and rebound adjustable. Rear compression and rebound adjustable.
Elka Elite - $2005: Single spring rate, piggyback reservoir front & remote reservoir rear,, pre-load adjustable. Front and rear are high and low speed compression and rebound adjustable.
All of these shocks work great and a a GREAT improvement over stock. Also keep in mind that any of these shocks can be custom tuned to your preferences (riding style, weight, etc.) by the manufacturers.
Which one is better for you? That depends on you. They all perform very well. Reservoirs help keep the oil cool and so provide longevity of performance. Remote reservoirs provide improved performance over piggyback, but are not as convinient (harder to mount).
So which ones do we prefer? All of em. We've got a set of each of these on one or more Rhino here at the shop. It really depends on how you expect to ride. If you're a casual semi-agressive rider, the IShock is a great solution. If you're totally agressive and want to dial in your suspension to the knats a$$ no matter waht terrain you're in, the the Elka Elite is for you. And there's a broad selection of everything in between. [Quote]
Here's the link to the whole thread.
Black Rhino (http://www.blackrhinoperformance.net...=1506&start=15)
I'm sure Evo and the other guys can get all these parts too.
Chris