Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Rhino $hit- Shock info

sigepmock
    I know this is Cats & Tunnels and I own a V, but here is some interesting info on Rhino shocks for those of us who aren't big ballers going long travel. It's from the Black Rhino forums. No offense to Evo or SoCal Fab, I just thought his was some good info to share.
    [Quote]
    Ishock - $1200: Single spring rate, no reservoir, compression dampning and pre-load adjustable.
    Fox-$1700: Single spring rate, piggyback reservoir, pre-load adjustable.
    Elka- All Elka shock series have identical spring rates and valving. As the series go up in price, you get progressively more adjustability.
    Elka Economical - $2005: Single spring rate, piggyback reservoir, pre-load adjustable.
    Elka Recreational - $2155: Single spring rate, piggyback reservoir, pre-load adjustable. Front adds compression dampning adjustment.
    Elka Sport - $2710: Single spring rate, piggyback reservoir front & remote reservoir rear, pre-load adjustable. Front & rear compression and rebound adjustable.
    Elka Performance - $995: Single spring rate, piggyback reservoir front & remote reservoir rear, pre-load adjustable. Front high and low speed compression and rebound adjustable. Rear compression and rebound adjustable.
    Elka Elite - $2005: Single spring rate, piggyback reservoir front & remote reservoir rear,, pre-load adjustable. Front and rear are high and low speed compression and rebound adjustable.
    All of these shocks work great and a a GREAT improvement over stock. Also keep in mind that any of these shocks can be custom tuned to your preferences (riding style, weight, etc.) by the manufacturers.
    Which one is better for you? That depends on you. They all perform very well. Reservoirs help keep the oil cool and so provide longevity of performance. Remote reservoirs provide improved performance over piggyback, but are not as convinient (harder to mount).
    So which ones do we prefer? All of em. We've got a set of each of these on one or more Rhino here at the shop. It really depends on how you expect to ride. If you're a casual semi-agressive rider, the IShock is a great solution. If you're totally agressive and want to dial in your suspension to the knats a$$ no matter waht terrain you're in, the the Elka Elite is for you. And there's a broad selection of everything in between. [Quote]
    Here's the link to the whole thread.
    Black Rhino (http://www.blackrhinoperformance.net...=1506&start=15)
    I'm sure Evo and the other guys can get all these parts too.
    Chris

TOBTEK
    I have a brandnew set of Elka's in the box.....cant wait to try them out. VERY curious to ride in RiverRoyal then ours to see if it was worth the $$$$$.

sigepmock
    I have a brandnew set of Elka's in the box.....cant wait to try them out. VERY curious to ride in RiverRoyal then ours to see if it was worth the $$$$$.
    I was talking to Mach26 yesterday at lunch and he said you had them. I'd definately like the hear how they compare. Also how do you like the beadlocks? What size tire and rim did you end up running?
    Thanks,
    Chris

TOBTEK
    I was talking to Mach26 yesterday at lunch and he said you had them. I'd definately like the hear how they compare. Also how do you like the beadlocks? What size tire and rim did you end up running?
    Thanks,
    Chris
    Would love to tell you how they work....but haven't driven it yet still up at wired getting the stereo work done.

TOBTEK
    Thanks,
    Chris
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...OCK_WHEELS.jpg
    heres a pic of the package javiers buddy make me. They are 26" tires on the 12" wheels. I wanted to get the smaller tires to avoid some of the rubbing issues and I was thinking the motor may pull the smaller size better.

sigepmock
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...OCK_WHEELS.jpg
    heres a pic of the package javiers buddy make me. They are 26" tires on the 12" wheels. I wanted to get the smaller tires to avoid some of the rubbing issues and I was thinking the motor may pull the smaller size better.
    Sorry you don't have the Rhibo back I'm sure it's worth the wait. Are you bringing it out to Glamis for new years?
    That's exactly the tire and wheelset-up I need but with the Blue Bead lock rings. Did Jav's buddy give you a good deal? Do you mind PMing with a rough number of what you paid?
    Thanks,
    Chris

TOBTEK
    trying hard for new years.....but its not looking good the entire package was about 1200 if I remember...they were custom made beadlocks, I think the wheel manufacture now mades them, a little less money, just not as trick looking.

sigepmock
    trying hard for new years.....but its not looking good the entire package was about 1200 if I remember...they were custom made beadlocks, I think the wheel manufacture now mades them, a little less money, just not as trick looking.
    Thanks for the info. Looks good so far. Hopefully you can get it by New Years. Which Elka's did you get? I have a feeling you got the PIMPED out Elite's
    I'll get the info from Javier for the tire guy. Thanks again,
    Chris

hot_diggity_dog
    Sorry you don't have the Rhibo back I'm sure it's worth the wait. Are you bringing it out to Glamis for new years?
    That's exactly the tire and wheelset-up I need but with the Blue Bead lock rings. Did Jav's buddy give you a good deal? Do you mind PMing with a rough number of what you paid?
    Thanks,
    Chris
    You can have any wheel sent out to have bead locks on them for about $110.00 ea.
    HDD

riverroyal
    just to see you go to the desert!Just confirmed galmis for new years,wash 11,not 4 with all the HB people.Come out for a day a least!It will be a small camp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast