Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Water Ramp for Dog??

Nord
    Does anyone know of any websites, or places I could go to get one of those ramps that your dog can swim up to and get out of the water??
    I have a huge problem! My Doxie loves to go swimming, but can only get out of the water on the pool side because of the steps. The spa however has no steps and he can't get out! I don't want him to fall in or chase a toy in there when I'm gone, so I need some sort of ramp that I can hang from the side of the spa.
    Any suggestions??
    Thanks!

Chico&Zeus
    We bought the one from Paws Aboard, I had to fab some different mounts for our boat because it didn't fit our ladder, worked out better anyway because then we could use the ladder still. Here's their link...
    http://www.pawsaboard.com/ladder.asp
    They are available at a lot of stores, Overtons, Boaters World, West Marine. About $200 but with a 130 lb. dog, it's worth every penny!

RitcheyRch
    Wish my weenie dogs liked the water.

Nord
    Wish my weenie dogs liked the water.
    Mine actually dives into the pool!! He chases toys in there all of the time and actually gets in and out by himself on hot days!!! I would be crushed if I lost him because he couldn't get out of the spa

Baja Big Dog
    We bought the one from Paws Aboard, I had to fab some different mounts for our boat because it didn't fit our ladder, worked out better anyway because then we could use the ladder still. Here's their link...
    http://www.pawsaboard.com/ladder.asp
    They are available at a lot of stores, Overtons, Boaters World, West Marine. About $200 but with a 130 lb. dog, it's worth every penny!
    These things are neat, but I think he's looking for something for his spa...

Nord
    Whatever works is fine by me at this point. I can't find any other options and I'm not sure how to install it in my spa without it floating away??

UltraStealth
    I wouldn't want to rely on a ladder if I am not there and the dog fell in. Another alternative is to get one of those Pool Net Covers. You can get it for just the spa.
    I have a two year old son and a white german shepard. The dog loves the pool. Goes in all year round. Got the cover for the kid, but we were kinda worried about the dog getting stuck. Better stuck then dead. Anyways, he doesn't even try and go in the pool with it on.
    Just a thought....

RitcheyRch
    Wish mine did.
    Mine actually dives into the pool!! He chases toys in there all of the time and actually gets in and out by himself on hot days!!! I would be crushed if I lost him because he couldn't get out of the spa

Strippoker
    just put one on a new 26 deck we built the thing and it looks great. We built for DREJUSTICE on the boards he should have the boat this week so maybe he can show the thing in use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast