Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSD flying crank trigger

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Pros and cons? I know that you get consistant timing but are they worth it? Are they plug and play with a msd distributor p/n 85551?

Jetaholic
    Are they plug and play with a msd distributor p/n 85551?
    Only if you're white.
    But you might be in luck since you're half...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    wise azz

Fiat48
    Your application not worth it.

wsuwrhr
    I've got all that shiz on my two boats. Works bitchen and fires up AS SOON AS I hit the button.
    I smile everytime. Hell i am smiling right now just thinking of what it sounds like.
    Might not be worth it in some applications, but sometimes you just gotta run with the big dogs.
    Brian

wsuwrhr
    Pros and cons? I know that you get consistant timing but are they worth it? Are they plug and play with a msd distributor p/n 85551?
    You do have to get a timing computer and lock out the advance curve of the distributor as the distributor becomes EXACTLY that, it's only job now is to conduct spark to each plug.
    Brian

fc-pilot
    What MSD box do you have, or are you planning on buying one? If you are running a standard 6a, or 6al box then run the distributor. That way you can have an advance curve in the distributor to make startup a little easier. If you are going with a complete programmable box then going with the crank trigger is not a bad idea.
    If I were in your shoes I would not run the crank trigger and just go with the distributor. Just my two pesos (because heaven knows my thoughts are not worth two cents).
    Paul

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Thanks for the input fellas I am running a msd pro billet distributor,msd wires and 6al box. It has always been relaible for me.

GofastRacer
    Well as long as it works use it, when it takes shit put a good HEI in and forget about it!...

cyclone
    What MSD box do you have, or are you planning on buying one? If you are running a standard 6a, or 6al box then run the distributor. That way you can have an advance curve in the distributor to make startup a little easier. If you are going with a complete programmable box then going with the crank trigger is not a bad idea.
    If I were in your shoes I would not run the crank trigger and just go with the distributor. Just my two pesos (because heaven knows my thoughts are not worth two cents).
    Paul
    Crank trigger not necessary in his application. but he might as well lock out the distributor because his boat will accelerate to full throttle faster than the advance mechanism will.
    -mikey...crank trigger is way easy to make timing adjustments with and perhaps is more reliable and exacting..but its not necessary. the distributor will work fine on its own.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast