Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parker??

JET-O-VATOR
    Jetovator-a nice place if you are into camping would be McIntyre Park, or so I've heard. Never actually been, but planning a few trips there this summer.
    We are very much so into camping just we have been doing alot of camping latley and want to do the hotel thing for a few river trips and i cant tow my boat and my enclosed trailer at the same time. by the way how is your brendella coming out? i know you have been working on it for awhile anyways heres my brendella after a few changes http://a504.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...59320503_l.jpg

riverbound
    Dont let these guys talk you out of your trip. Parker does get rough the peak part fo the day being mid day to about 3-4pm. you will be fine in the mornig and late after noon early evenng. I ran my 18' spectra for a couple years there with no porblems, and we have been running our 19' ski nautique for the past 15 years there with no problems (it does get a little rough sometimes, but we have yet to sink a boat). dont exepct flat glass water, unless you get up at the crack of dawn.
    The lower sandbar is always a good time. The must sees are Foxes and Roadrunner. And the upper sandbar (Accross from Foxes) is always a good time too.
    As far as noise goes....make sure you are running water through your pipes and inserts if you have them. As long as you dont drive around all day raising hell and at least show you are trying to not be loud, you shouldnt have any problems with the popo.

dcbracing32
    isnt that river below Bluewater really shallow? and i have a house on the strip by roadrunner. the water is nice early around 630-8 maybe 830 if you are lucky. and the water gets calm at sundown. its not glass but i mean its rideable haha

JET-O-VATOR
    Dont let these guys talk you out of your trip. Parker does get rough the peak part fo the day being mid day to about 3-4pm. you will be fine in the mornig and late after noon early evenng. I ran my 18' spectra for a couple years there with no porblems, and we have been running our 19' ski nautique for the past 15 years there with no problems (it does get a little rough sometimes, but we have yet to sink a boat). dont exepct flat glass water, unless you get up at the crack of dawn.
    The lower sandbar is always a good time. The must sees are Foxes and Roadrunner. And the upper sandbar (Accross from Foxes) is always a good time too.
    As far as noise goes....make sure you are running water through your pipes and inserts if you have them. As long as you dont drive around all day raising hell and at least show you are trying to not be loud, you shouldnt have any problems with the popo.
    thats the answer i was looking for im no newbie to rough water.. ive drivin my little pig to the sandbar in topok many a times a through laughlin on holiday weekends i thought i would be fine.... a couple of questions for you river bound now the lower sand bar is right across from bluewater correct? and how far up river is foxes and roadrunner?? just curious about fuel. i hold 22 gallons so i think i should be fine..

Nucking futs
    When We go out to parker,we go Dam to Dam about 2/3 timed a day and hit all the spots and I only burn about 25 gallons With a couple speed run when the water get good. You should be good on fuel, plus you can get gas on the water across from the free launch and the Keys.

BACK2BIGRIVER
    I posted this in the sand bar first so i thought i would post it here
    Alright guys I have been boating the river my whole life.. everywhere from powell to the parker damn. But never below parker dam. Well we have rooms at the bluewater for the first weekend in june and was wondering where to go? Beaches? Am i gunna sink in my brendella? what are the need to gotos and the stay the hell away froms? sound laws? are they inforced? im normally a upper river boater but decided to see what life was like on the other side of the dam!!
    You can always stay at Big River Inn it maybe old but what the hell it is a bed. And the park is right next door where you can launch and eat at the restruant. Good Luck

tx-19
    i run my boat in parker all the time

MBlaster
    thats the answer i was looking for im no newbie to rough water.. ive drivin my little pig to the sandbar in topok many a times a through laughlin on holiday weekends i thought i would be fine.... a couple of questions for you river bound now the lower sand bar is right across from bluewater correct? and how far up river is foxes and roadrunner?? just curious about fuel. i hold 22 gallons so i think i should be fine..
    Yes Parker can be a rough washing machine during the day on weekends. I get pounded in my heavy 21 foot Carrera jet. You will have nice water in the mornings so enjoy it before the wakeboard boats come out. The strip is not very long, fuel won't be a problem. Foxes and Roadrunner are kind of in the middle of it all.

Parker has been hell on my old rogers, i can honestly say everytime i have been on that stretch of water,...i have had some repair to do!
    Stay in parker, try out their stretch of water, if it is not your cup of tea, Big river is not far at all, there you will find some smoother water and good people!
    Todd

WILDERTHANU
    I've been out about 5 times since it's been warm. The strip has not been bad at all.. you could of ran a flatty all day all weekend no poblem... go for it!!
    Hey Todd.. I got the boat home.. when can ya take a peak??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast