Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Parker??

pw_Tony
    I've been from Lake Powell allllll the way down. If I had to pick a favorite spot for family/ good times it would have to be Martinez/Fishers outside of Yuma. It is much wider than most of parker and not nearly as busy. Tons of sand bars (which you have to watch out for). Plenty of room for everyone, and not nearly as choppy as havasu or anything. It really is a great place to boat. We launch at Fishers and cruise 18 miles to Piccacho up river and park, and then cruise down. Ask some other fellow Martinez boats here.

edog_103
    How is the river on the way to Piccacho? The furthest i've been is a couple miles past the 4th sandbar.

pw_Tony
    How is the river on the way to Piccacho? The furthest i've been is a couple miles past the 4th sandbar.
    After Silicone beach the water is great. There's a little less Sand Bars to watch out for and a few less people.

n8dawg
    Parker has been hell on my old rogers, i can honestly say everytime i have been on that stretch of water,...i have had some repair to do!
    Stay in parker, try out their stretch of water, if it is not your cup of tea, Big river is not far at all, there you will find some smoother water and good people!
    Todd
    Amen to that!!! I think you'll have a better boating experience at Big River.

JET-O-VATOR
    well im going to launch at the blue water sat morning early and cruise around if the water is way to messed up all day i will launch in big river on sunday....

JET-O-VATOR
    so another dumb a** question whats the easiest way to get up there from chino hills area? the only way ive ever gone to the river is 15 to the 40 to west broadway.

SGV40oz
    10 east to rice road. take rice till you get their...if ur staying on the az side you will have to go right and cross the bridge

JET-O-VATOR
    10 east to rice road. take rice till you get their...if ur staying on the az side you will have to go right and cross the bridge
    thanks brother

RitcheyRch
    I like the river near McIntyre. Dont have to worry much about big boats and not usually crowded.
    Jetovator-a nice place if you are into camping would be McIntyre Park, or so I've heard. Never actually been, but planning a few trips there this summer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123