Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: smokin and supercomp, answer the question

Blown 472
    you fags.
    WAY overcarbed? what size carb would you use on a 416 small block mopar, street strip car that runs on pump gas?
    One more for ya, what size carb for a 340 mopar, street car on pump gas, both cars have automatic trannys.
    Lets hear what size carb you would use for both these motors, you engine building gurus.

Tom Brown
    The correct carburetor for any engine is the Holly 4500 ultra dominator HP. I run one on my leaf blower.

Blown 472
    The correct carburetor for any engine is the Holly 4500 ultra dominator HP. I run one on my leaf blower.
    ON 30% nitro?

Blown 472
    Checking your desktop dyno, clown?

NUTHIN
    720 demon :jawdrop:

pw_Tony
    Stroker Mopar 416... ours dynoed with a 850 Holley but showed it need more close to a 1050 Dommy. Eldy heads, 11:1, solid roller. 560 horse 580 torque. If you're close to that combo. http://i6.tinypic.com/4znz4sh.jpg
    For a street 340 I run a 750 dp Holley which doesn't seem to miss a beat. Never dynoed though. That's my street car. RV cam, 10.5:1 compression. X heads. But before I had that I used a stock cast iron 2-barrel intake with 318 heads on my 340 for gas mileage- 22 mpg isn't too shabby for a V8

Tom Brown
    Is it just me or does that engine compartment look ridiculously simple.
    Fuel system: ... the most complex item is a 'Y' fitting feeding both carb bowls. I'll bet that filter is fed by a mechanical pump that is fed by a tank with a vented cap. No regulator with return. No charcoal canister. No injector manifolds....
    Cooling system: Well... there is definitely an upper rad hose in plain sight. Heater? No need.
    Electrical: Other than that splice in the head light relay on the fender, it looks pretty straight forward. I don't even see a ballast resistor. You running electronic spark, or something?
    Shrouds and ducts: lol!
    Belts: Is there a power steering pump in there?
    Breather:
    If my engine was that clean looking, I'd change my own oil. ... then I'd run the used oil through my outboard. It's one of the best benefits of running a whacker.
    The only issue I see with that engine is that it's way under carbed. It needs a quad four barrel manifold with four 1150 Dominators and a couple more fuel pumps. .... prolly tripple the power output.

YeLLowBoaT
    Is it just me or does that engine compartment look ridiculously simple.
    thats the way it should be... no electronic BS, no smog crap, no crazy vaccum BS...

SmokinLowriderSS
    That would be perfect.
    Better yet, run 2 of them blown.

SnoopJonnyJon
    you can't go wrong with 4 weber 48 IDA's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast