Thread: Oil On The Valve Covers

TRIMMIN
    I have the Chevy valve covers that you must drill your own holes so there are no baffles in the covers. Also running a pan-u-vac system on Rewarder headers with mufflers. We also put in the Moroso rubber gromets with just a slit in them. Durning the build Jim at Rewarder thought the pan-u-vac would work with mufflers. My engine builder looked into the collectors and said the bungs were flush and did not think that was good. Now we are getting oil on the covers and that's not good. We did a vac test and at 4-5K only saw about 5". The clear tubes only have a slight discoloration for about 1" at the breathers. Anyone have any ideas?

GofastRacer
    So you have mufflers in the collectors right??, the nipples for the vac-u-pan should stick out at least to the ID of the mufflers so it's in the maximum air flow area!..

dumbandyoung
    :idea: Would a puke tank take care of the oil shooting out the breathers?

cfm
    Would seem to me those little slits would let squat pass thru. Kind of counter productive with evac system. Just IMHO and with never running those grommets, although I have seen them.
    I'd probably put a baffle in there so normal grommets can be used + provide good airflow - weld on preferable over bolt on.

TRIMMIN
    We just did what Art said and put pipe in the bungs to bring them in past the mufflers. Cfm you may be right about the slits, and I may change back, but they do let oil pass through as it gets on the covers. Going to test on Mon morning. Let you know.