Thread: Toon tunes

phebus
    The guys over at Car Toyz are busting their butts installing a new stereo system in the pontoon boat for me. I'm going with the new Alpine X-001 head unit, are they made a really trick sub box for the side of the boat. Props to Tammy's here in Havasu that is upholstering it for me. Can't wait till it's done, and I'll post some pics.

OutCole'd
    The guys over at Car Toyz are busting their butts installing a new stereo system in the pontoon boat for me. I'm going with the new Alpine X-001 head unit, are they made a really trick sub box for the side of the boat. Props to Tammy's here in Havasu that is upholstering it for me. Can't wait till it's done, and I'll post some pics.
    Oh, I'm sure you will, you braggin prick.

Cole Trickle
    Wow...
    Thanks for all that great detailed info!!!

phebus
    I said that I would never go stereo crazy again, but when you start putting things together, it's hard to keep control.
    That, and that fockin' Frank is like the drug dealer of stereo stuff, and I'm a very weak man.

BOBALOO
    Rick, with "the love boat" under your avatar I am gonna assume that you broke the new ride in already. CONGRATS!
    I hope you weren't near Black Meadows at the time

phebus
    Wow...
    Thanks for all that great detailed info!!!
    The details are that it's going to kick ass, and I'm expecting to break some welds. The system is still a work in progress, but it will have an Alpine HU, Memphis amps, Memphis 6.5's, Kicker subs, yada, yada, yada.
    It will be a floating fockin inferno.

Cole Trickle
    The details are that it's going to kick ass, and I'm expecting to break some welds. The system is still a work in progress, but it will have an Alpine HU, Memphis amps, Memphis 6.5's, Kicker subs, yada, yada, yada.
    It will be a floating fockin inferno.
    We are really heating up now!!!
    I don't know a ton about the memphis stuff but a couple 12" L5/L7 Kicker subs will hit HARD with a decent chunk of power thrown at them.:devil:
    How much power...what kind of batteries...how many 6.5s
    Hurry up and take some pics:sqeyes:

KREGER
    Rick, I did 4 JL 12's on my pontoon and the thing rattles BAD underneath. I am going to take out 2 of them. Let me know how your comes out. I hope all is well!!!!

phebus
    I went with just one Kicker Solo-Baric L7 12" sub, but it is mounted in a ported box that mounts on the deck. For a single sub, it hits pretty hard. Car Toyz designed and built the box, and it came out great. Tammy's upholstered it to look just like the factory designed graphics, and it looks like it was made with the boat. I am very happy.
    Then I went with four pair of the Memphis 6.5's, and they sound pretty good too.
    Also, I really like the new Alpine X-001 head unit, as I use mainly iPod, and it makes navigating and using it a breeze, and it has a really nice display.
    The system looks and sounds raelly nice, and I'd like to thank Car Toyz for the awesome service and install.

KREGER
    Also, I really like the new Alpine X-001 head unit, as I use mainly iPod, and it makes navigating and using it a breeze, and it has a really nice display.
    I have the sony and I am going to look a that Alpine! I hate mine regarding navigating throught the Ipod songs....