Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holley Carb 6910 CFM?

Blown 472
    Good info thanks.
    I am still learning.
    The Carb's still have the choke horns and with a little rubbing I found the numbers.
    Both say:
    List-1850-3
    then below that is 2830.
    Are they 600CFM?
    Good Carb or bad carb?
    600 cfm vac secondary. If they work run em.

Blown 472
    Welcome to the wonderful world of "someone machined off the choke horn to eliminate the "restriction" (it does not cause) and did not transfer the list number to the carb body again". I would suggest as you get this nailed down, you do yourself and the future owner the favor of stamping the list # back on.
    From a dig on the web, you're not the only person to have this exact problem:
    The next guy at least had the choke horn still on:
    The 4160 has a non-jetted (fixed jetting) metering plate in the seccondaries, and a vaccuume seccondary.
    The 4150 has replacible jets and mechanical seccondaries.
    At last resort to spec out the CFM, a set of calipers and a call to holley should be able to get the CFM of the main body.
    All the list 1850's I am finding specs on, are 600CFM'ers. Apparently no other size.
    No restriction eh? why dont they put them chokes on the hp holleys then?

GofastRacer
    Good info thanks.
    I am still learning.
    The Carb's still have the choke horns and with a little rubbing I found the numbers.
    Both say:
    List-1850-3
    then below that is 2830.
    Are they 600CFM?
    Good Carb or bad carb?
    Like I said they are 600's and they are good, but to make the secondaries work effiently you need to connect them together with a vacuum line, Holley has the tops for a vacuum line!..

GofastRacer
    No restriction eh? why dont they put them chokes on the hp holleys then?
    Yes there is a restriction, I wish I still had the time tickets to prove it!..

Blown 472
    Yes there is a restriction, I wish I still had the time tickets to prove it!..
    What did you race?

78Centurion
    Thank you all for the info.
    I found the Holley Sec Vac top part # HLY-20-28 at Summit. They are $76.99 each. :sqeyes:
    I will have to do it eventually.

Blown 472
    I found the Holley Sec Vac top part # HLY-20-28 at Summit. They are $76.99 each. :sqeyes:
    Or just take them off, use the barb fittings from bimba air cylinders that are very small perfect for 1/4 id hose and drill and tap the tops your self and put the hose between them.

GofastRacer
    That don't sound right??? But if that's the case I'd just put a fitting in the covers you got done deal!..

78Centurion
    You mean take them off and drill and tap them so you can thread a mini into the top of the Vac cap? like a 1/4 hose to 1/8 pipe?

GofastRacer
    What did you race?
    First time I did it was back in the car days, 66 Fairlane 390GT was running 14 second flat stock, cut the choke horn off ran 13.99!.. Then did it in a boat on a tunnelram with the 660's gained almost a 1/2 mile an hour!..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast