Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 388 Skater

Havasu Hangin'
    A stereo in a Skater..... Oh the horror!!!!
    HH- Yes...this is ""HH"...the highest paid moderator on the Hot Boat Forums...and I am a "baller".
    Skater- Were you referred by someone?
    HH- Yes...I was referred by "bling bling" and "KROOZIN". Both of those guys are BIG "ballers" and members of the SKATER NATION, and they said you can help me.
    Skater- Yes, sir...both of those guys helped me put my kids into Harvard...how can I help you?
    HH- Since I am a baller, I want to order a 46' Flat Deck...with a full canopy.
    Skater- Very good choice, sir. Would you like any custom features?
    HH- Why, yes...give me the full canopy...but make it an open bow, since I want a place to carry the family at Havasu.
    Skater- Huh?
    HH- Yep...full canopy for safety, and an open bow for the kids. While you're at it...let's put a bimini on there...for those hot summer days.
    Skater- Huh? Uh...what do you want for power?
    HH- Well...when you're a member of the SKATER NATION...insurance is kinda high. We better go with the 496 HOs.
    Skater- Huh?
    HH- Your right...when you're a member of the SKATER NATION, the gas bill is kinda high. We better go with the 350 Mags (for fuel economy).
    Skater- Huh?
    HH- And I don't want to be worrying about breaking drives...so let's go with the "baller sixes."
    Skater- Huh?
    HH- That's it. Can you put that "baller boat" together in a couple weeks, there jerky boy?
    Skater- *click*

TOBTEK
    https://www.***boat.com/forums/attac...1&d=1179412851
    thats floating ART right there! One of these West coast builders should look at this and make a smaller version of THAT! REALLY makes me want to paint whatever is next:idea: the wrap around windscreen is huge plus, A flat deck Skater has the best lines of any performance boat PERIOD, followed by nortech....IMO.

DMOORE
    Beautiful. There is only one thing I never understood about these boats. It's a 38ft boat, and it appears that there is no cabin? One of the things I loved about my Scarab was the ability to go in the cabin, relax or spend the night. It's nice to get out of the sun on a all day fishing trip, or overnightin'
    Darrell.

Jbb
    Beautiful. There is only one thing I never understood about these boats. It's a 38ft boat, and it appears that there is no cabin? One of the things I loved about my Scarab was the ability to go in the cabin, relax or spend the night. It's nice to get out of the sun on a all day fishing trip, or overnightin'
    Darrell.
    The guy that owns it has a Big luxurious Formula for cruising and overnighting....he wanted this one to hang in his dockhouse for local cruising ...dependable power and drives....you know....Some Saturday afternoon fun with the wife and kids......

andy01
    Very nice, the wrap around is the hot ticket in the shop there. Almost all of the boats being built are getting that done now. I can't wait to see the 32' being built with that rap around deal. Once again the EAST COAST IS LEADING THE WAY!!!!!!!!!! Wheres the west coast????????????? Where Skater was 10 plus years ago.......
    Andy

40FlatDeck
    A stereo in a Skater..... Oh the horror!!!!
    I get that sometimes in my boat, "you need to get a bigger stereo". Dude, you want loud music, go buy a wake board boat. My 1150's are music enough. I love the tunnel extension also. Peter told me on a flat deck they are easy to do.:idea: Nothing says " I am not f#cking around" more than a big Skater. That boat is amazing.

LESSON LEARNED
    Thats Bill the owner of the 50' Outerlimits Cat Golddiggers new boat.
    Must be nice......

havaduner
    I agree with Toby and Andy all the way! Build a 32' version of that boat, stand back and start taking orders. That boat is beautiful.

Jbb
    Thats Bill the owner of the 50' Outerlimits Cat Golddiggers new boat.
    Must be nice......
    ...ummm...I think it's actually ....51' long....

LESSON LEARNED
    I agree with Toby and Andy all the way! Build a 32' version of that boat, stand back and start taking orders. That boat is beautiful.
    They do build it in a 32' they do it in 30-32-36-38-40-46....
    I don't think many will sell to Havasu goers just do to the fact that people who go to Havasu need amenities on there boats like the full cabins that West Coast builders offer in there cats..... Just my thought on this...
    Not saying I wouldn't love to have one. Im thinking about doing a fully inclosed 388 with 525's and 6's setup for cat lite to run as a pleasure boat....
    To each there own...
    Andy....

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast