Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: kathrines landing to Hoover Dam

willowrat
    I want to make the trip from kathrines landing to Hoover dam. How is it? I here the chop can really kick up on Mohave.

Screaming Pete
    yes in the afternoon, but still worth the trip.

x7734x
    If memory serves me correctly, you can only go all the way up river on certain days.

dirty old man
    Its a great trip, chop or not. If it gets really windy, don't cross the big basin

dicudmore
    I want to make the trip from kathrines landing to Hoover dam. How is it? I here the chop can really kick up on Mohave.
    remember you can not go until AFTER memorial weekend...
    tuesday through saturday only...can not go past willow beach on sunday or monday and not at all until AFTER memorial...
    it is a great ride...

Captain Dan
    remember you can not go until AFTER memorial weekend...
    tuesday through saturday only...can not go past willow beach on sunday or monday and not at all until AFTER memorial...
    it is a great ride...
    tuesday thru saturday is limited to 65 hp engines (I think until after Memorial Day). I read it on the marker last Friday.

willowrat
    I am planning a week or two after memorial. I will be in a 24 ft cat. Can you get close enough to see the dam?

Ziggy
    Its nearly 70 miles from Katherines. The big basin can get wicked in the afternoons if the wind picks up, a few of the basins beyond Cottonwood can get choppy too.................that all said, it'll be one of the prettiest boat rides you'll ever take. No real underwater hazards to speak of except a few alongs the shores near the dam.
    If there's space on the beach, stop off at the hot springs a few miles below the dam and on the AZ side, take the 5-10 minute hike up(up the ladder). Its neat to see the water oozing right out of the walls, some of it blazing hot.
    Thats all hot water coming off this fall.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1179514701

willowrat
    That looks great. I can't wait. What about the water depth that close?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast