Thread: set up? (Marlin)

zudnic
    My engine is only a little 350 with a mild cam and some other performance enhancements. Have the specs (build sheets) in my SUV thats locked up at the dealer over the weekend. Dont think thats important for this though....
    I'm hitting 5K rpm at near WOT, and at 79F, 800 ft. above sea level, near glass water conditions hitting 64/5 mph gps. I say near cause there is more throttle left at 5K rpm; go for that last 3 inches of throttle engine temporarily gets too much fuel. Throttle pedal at WOT gets maybe a couple extra 100 to 200 rpm. Thing is pretty lively at the bottom end lower rpm, I dont water ski anymore though! Rather sacrifice low end for more lively top end......
    I'm thinking there is some room to get the last 3 inches of throttle and pick up a little more rpm. I have some idea's, but want to hear what other more experienced have to say?

SmokinLowriderSS
    Jet boat?
    You won't make any more RPM without making more HP. 5-grand is where the back-pressure in your pump made by your impeller is defeating the power generation of your motor. Throttle travel remaining doesn't mean, or do, squat.
    Also, more throttle opening does not make it run richer. On the contrary, too much opening COULD hurt airflow velocity, causing the boosters to dispense LESS fuel, making it leaner.
    In actuality, if the carb is basically an appropriate size, overopening isn't really doing anything. Your engine is pulling in the air it needs under load at 5-grand, and the carb meters fuel apropriate to air flow, not throttle plate opening.
    What pump? What impeller?
    More RPM = more HP or cut the impeller smaller.

zudnic
    What pump? What impeller?
    More RPM = more HP or cut the impeller smaller.
    Berk 12JG and A..