Okay here is the deal. I recently bought a tunnel ram with dual Holley 600's for the BBF 460 and I am having a hell of a time tuning it in. (LEAN CONDITION)
The 460 is relatively stock to the best of my knowledge but may have a mild cam shaft. The only other modification is the Weiand tunnel ram and Hooker over transom headers. The carbs originally had 66 jets in the primaries and 67 jets in the secondaries with a 7.5 power valve which was too lean, so I upgraded the jets to 72's in the primaries and 75's in the secondaries with a 3.5 PV. I also installed a Holley 110gph mechanical fuel pump and installed 1/2" stainless braided fuel lines and pickup's. Fuel pressure is at 7psi,the timing is spot on at about 32 degrees,fuel filter is clean, but at 4600RPM's she stumbles and sputters from a lean condition. I have ordered rear metering blocks for the carbs and intend on jetting the snot out of it. 77's in the primaries and 83's in the secondaries but I just want to make sure I am on the right track.
I should add that jetting the carbs up,switch to the 3.5PV and new fuel pump has helped the lean condition but at 46ooRPM's she still falls off and sputters which sucks because I still have a 1/3 throttle left to go.
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!