Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will this work for alky?

Blown 472

Fiat48
    Yes if:
    #1. you want to run a secondary bypass. This would bypass some fuel while holding on the starting line with an automatic car.
    #2. You are willing to play with the secondary and the barell valve to get the right combo what will not cause a hesitation when you step into it on the starting line.
    Otherwise....just use the pill in the hat...2 lb spring on the idle bypass and run it that way.

Blown 472
    The idle by pass is the one on the bottom of the barrel valve assembly? would I still need a main by pass if I use the pill in the hat?

HONDOG
    That looks like the diagram from the Kinsler manual/parts book. They don't expect you to use the pill inside the barrel valve, they want you to use their inline main jet deal.

Fiat48
    The idle by pass is the one on the bottom of the barrel valve assembly? would I still need a main by pass if I use the pill in the hat?
    The secondary bypass shown woudl become the idle bypass. With the pill in the barrell the other bypass is not needed.

Blown 472
    The secondary bypass shown woudl become the idle bypass. With the pill in the barrell the other bypass is not needed.
    Cool, thanks. I talked to enderle this morning and that "17" is an alky barrel valve. I am getting some bigger nozzles too if I want to put some more overdrive into the blower.
    My pump has the three way shut off, and the line goes back to the inlet fitting, will that also work with the set up we are talking about?

Fiat48
    Yeah you can return that side to the inlet fitting.

Blown 472
    Yes if:
    #1. you want to run a secondary bypass. This would bypass some fuel while holding on the starting line with an automatic car.
    #2. You are willing to play with the secondary and the barell valve to get the right combo what will not cause a hesitation when you step into it on the starting line.
    Otherwise....just use the pill in the hat...2 lb spring on the idle bypass and run it that way.
    So, then this valve comes apart?

Blown 472
    So do I tell enderle I need a 2 lb spring? is there a certain psi I am shooting for??
    Does the spring control the popet at idle and then open fully past idle? or is there some control with it? since this is the way the fuel is going to return to tank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast