Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ford 6.4L Diesel

Magic34
    What is the verdict on this thing? Is it good to go or what?
    I want a F-450 but want to make sure this motor and tranny is right before jumping out of my Duramax/Allison set up.
    Anyone have any info?

Xlration Marine
    Contack the owner of Curb Tech. He can tell you all about the ford "Power Smoke". He is not a happy camper when it comes to the Power Smoke. Last seen at Gilbert and Queen Creek, with his curb machine.

grads2112
    I traded in my '05 6.0 for a '08 6.4 and it has been one of the best decisions I have made. I just towed with it for the first time last weekend and what a difference. Lots of power.

AZJD
    Mike be sure to do your research...... I have heard a few bad things, not that I am saying they are no good. I have just heard more bad about the Ford than the Chevy at this point.

Magic34
    Mike be sure to do your research...... I have heard a few bad things, not that I am saying they are no good. I have just heard more bad about the Ford than the Chevy at this point.
    I am a few months out at this point, but want to see what the verdict is on this. My Chevy only has 12,000 miles on it and I am in no hurry to sell it. I wont get rid of it until enough good things come out about the 6.4L, or unless Chevy comes out with something to compete with the new 450.
    When I get done, it will look like this, but dark gray.
    I like it!!!!!!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../Ford_F450.jpg

blown65
    I have one, but only 3k miles. Not nearly enough to say one way or the other.
    I would say though fuel mileage with the 4.88's sucks. 11.5 at best mixed driving highway and 7-8 towing the boats.
    I'd probably shoot for the 4.30's version unless your going to be towing real heavy. Otherwise I have zero complaints. (Something I can't say about my C5500)
    Plenty of power stock, boat loaded was probably pushing 10k with all the crap in it and fuel. Only shifted down once going up all the hills from So. Oregon to Shasta Lake.
    Quality of the King Ranch is far better than the GM IMO. Much quieter and tight sounding, however I haven't been in the newest ones with the redone interior. (Except our Denali)

AZJD
    I am a few months out at this point, but want to see what the verdict is on this. My Chevy only has 12,000 miles on it and I am in no hurry to sell it. I wont get rid of it until enough good things come out about the 6.4L, or unless Chevy comes out with something to compete with the new 450.
    When I get done, it will look like this, but dark gray.
    I like it!!!!!!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../Ford_F450.jpg
    Don't get me wrong, IMO that truck looks crazy good, however that being said, they ride like tanks. I need a good comfy daily driver with tow capability.
    My GMC 2500HD pulls great. I don't however have a yacht, so you may have to sacrafice comfort for effectiveness. I am just not sure about that twin turbo set up!!!!

AZJD
    And you gotta put some of these on it!
    http://www.americanforcewheels.com/

blown65
    Don't get me wrong, IMO that truck looks crazy good, however that being said, they ride like tanks. I need a good comfy daily driver with tow capability.
    My GMC 2500HD pulls great. I don't however have a yacht, so you may have to sacrafice comfort for effectiveness. I am just not sure about that twin turbo set up!!!!
    Have you been in the new F450's? Compared to my 05 lifted 2500hd the ride isn't much different. I would say its a little stiffer/bouncy but nothing outragious like my C5500 was. They did change the suspension on the 08's from what I understand and they actually ride pretty nice IMO.

blown65
    And you gotta put some of these on it!
    http://www.americanforcewheels.com/
    I think those might be the wheels we have on our 3500HD at work. 3 of the 4 the clearcoat is peeling off, and one the wheel cracked at the bead. (They sure look the same at least)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast