Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

LuckyDaze
    Im lookin at a Sanger v-drive tomorrow and am curious what I should look for. It's setup for a 455 olds right now. What would it take to get a BBC to go in, or A SBC. Im assuming just motor mounts correct? Thanks for any help. Heres a pic of the boat. Its also been stored inside, however it has been outside for 2 days now.
    ~Brian
    http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...79/Sanger1.jpg

BA Kurtis
    You can change the motor plates to anything you want to put in it, no big deal, looks like a good find is it complete less motor??

LuckyDaze
    yup, complete less motor. Its off of a lien sale though. I guess it got dumped on the yard.
    ~Brian

wsuwrhr
    That is your champion.
    New motorplates, or used ones should be easy to find, and you are boating.
    Brian

RaysonKid
    I believe we have templates if you want to make your own motor mounts.
    For a big block chev. into a bubble deck Sanger.

sanger ss396
    how much for the bubble deck sanger and what year? also one of the best investments is a set of engine rails. also what kind of v-drive do you know if it is a 10 or 12 degree and what is the gear ratio. i really like my sanger. good luck and enjoy it.

LuckyDaze
    I have no idea on the details. Im heading out to look at it tomorrow. How can i tell if its a 10 or 12 degree? Anyway to know on the gears? This would turn into my second boat, so if I buy it Im going to put it on the back burner. If its solid I don't think I can pass it up. You don't want to know how much they are asking. I'll keep it a secret until I buy it.
    ~Brian

GofastRacer
    These numbers will be on the case facing the front of the boat!.. For gears, mark the top and bottom shafts, turn the top shaft one revolution and see where the bottom mark is, that will give you an idea what they are!..
    10 degree = 61000
    12 degree = 62500

LuckyDaze
    Which is better 10 or 12 degree? Sorry Im so V drive stupid. My family has only owned jets.
    ~Brian

wsuwrhr
    Which is better 10 or 12 degree? Sorry Im so V drive stupid. My family has only owned jets.
    ~Brian
    10 degree is more common, and probably better due to the decreased angle.
    My Hondo has a 12 degree.
    Don't forget to turn the top shaft of the gearbox before you buy it. If it doesn't turn smooth and with little noise, expect to go through the box as well.
    You can't go wrong with a Sanger.
    Brian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast