Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul is the man

QuickJet
    We are supposed to have trade ties with other countries and keep those ties friendly. Non-intervention is really sucking for Switzerland... wait no it's not.
    "
    Are you suggesting that we base our foriegn policy on the same structure as Switzerland?
    If you ignore the world, it will swallow you up.

QuickJet
    We are supposed to have trade ties with other countries and keep those ties friendly. Non-intervention is really sucking for Switzerland... wait no it's not.
    Are you suggesting that we adopt the same foreign policy structure of Switzerland?
    Ignore the world and it will swallow you up.

asch
    I don't even know where to begin with either one of you two. I probably should have left it be.
    It's just as well, my connection is lagging or its ***boat.

ULTRA26 # 1
    I don't even know where to begin with either one of you two. I probably should have left it be.
    It's just as well, my connection is lagging or its ***boat.
    It's not your connection. HB has been lagging all day

Blown 472
    Going on 6 years with no attack on the US....I don't care who you are, someone's doing something right.
    Yeah the zionists got what they want out of the last one.

eliminatedsprinter
    Seems to me that we went nearly eight years without an attack on the US between the 1st and 2nd Trade Center attacks, and we did so without being involved in a war the entire time.
    You seem to have missed a few wars. Ie Liberia 1999, Bosnia (Operation Deleberate Force 1995), Kosovo (Operation Allied Force 1999) are a few that I can think of off of the top of my head and there are several others. I remember one time (around 1998) that the U.S. had troops in harms way in about 7 different wars around the world.:idea:

ULTRA26 # 1
    You seem to have missed a few wars. Ie Liberia 1999, Bosnia (Operation Deleberate Force 1995), Kosovo (Operation Allied Force 1999) are a few that I can think of off of the top of my head and there are several others. I remember one time (around 1998) that the U.S. had troops in harms way in about 7 different wars around the world.:idea:
    I'm aware of the wars. I was referring to attacks that occurred against the US at home.
    Peace

Old Texan
    I'm aware of the wars. I was referring to attacks that occurred against the US at home.
    Peace
    I suppose we could just stop all travel abroad. US citizens would most likely become targets if Islamist extremism became more powerful.
    Next we could close all our Embassies around the world as most likely few nations could offer them security.
    Isolationism doesn't seem like much of a cure to the threat of terrorism. Rather more of what the Islamists are hoping for. Radical Islam feeds off a devisive US and that is what we are providing them.

ULTRA26 # 1
    I suppose we could just stop all travel abroad. US citizens would most likely become targets if Islamist extremism became more powerful.
    Next we could close all our Embassies around the world as most likely few nations could offer them security.
    Isolationism doesn't seem like much of a cure to the threat of terrorism. Rather more of what the Islamists are hoping for. Radical Islam feeds off a devisive US and that is what we are providing them.
    Tex,
    Aren't there many other countries around the world who live by similar religious and political views as the US? Suggesting that US citizens would become targets of Islamist extremism follows the belief that Islam hates the US because it's activities in the mid-east.
    Why would other countries stop offering security to our embassies? I don't understand the logic behind this comment.
    IMO, the only way to eliminate the threat of terrorism, is to eliminate all terrorists. Very unlikely that this is possible.
    divisive
    One entry found for divisive.
    Main Entry: di·vi·sive
    Pronunciation: d&-'vI-siv also -'vi- or -ziv
    Function: adjective
    : creating disunity or dissension <a divisive issue>
    - di·vi·sive·ly adverb
    - di·vi·sive·ness noun
    Radical Islam feeds off a devisive US and that is what we are providing them.
    Are you are implying that terrorism is increasing around the world as a result of US citizens disagreeing about our position in Iraq? If so, I would ask for some facts to support this. If this is not what you were implying, I would ask that you clarify what your comment refers to.
    Thanks
    Peace

Steve 1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast