Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me pick a lake.....

SweetPea
    glad to here you guys are getting the Lavey togather, lets see some pictures of the progress. Its hard to beat the big river area as far as good water conditions, if big river park is booked try weeler inn or rio del sol I know they both have a few spots they hold for week end use, if all else fails theres always the best western in Parker.
    i'm making it a point to get out there in July. Big River is BOOKed, but i'll def try those other places. thanks for the info. The boat is coming along..... i'm super excited and will for sure take pics. thanks!!

SweetPea
    Thats what the water is for! Honestly its gonna be blazing hot anywhere you go that time of the year. Don Pedro looks nice & I've heard good things about it.
    Where are you planning on taking your boat once it's done? Elsinore doesn't count!

SweetPea
    You should check out Don Pedro Lake. It's a big lake and can get a little rough in the main body, but there's lots of coves that are nice. It's a great lake and the camping is good. www.donpedrolake.com
    Don Pedro looks really nice. We are planning on going during the week so hopefully not to rough. You know the speed limit out on the water? Thanks for the ref too!

BrendellaJet
    Where are you planning on taking your boat once it's done? Elsinore doesn't count!
    Oh yes it does! Not this weekend but the weekend after I will be there! After that we are going to Mcintyre Park-lower river. You should check it out. Its about a 3.5 hour drive from So Cal. Its on the lower river. Very nice place. Im pretty sure they have RV hookups too. Keep an eye out for sandbars & wait for the water to come up.
    Would be awesome during the week. Not a soul around, well maybe a few, but not many...

MKEELINE
    Don Pedro looks really nice. We are planning on going during the week so hopefully not to rough. You know the speed limit out on the water? Thanks for the ref too!
    I don't think they have any speed limitations, other than being safe. During the week you should be fine, it can get rough when the wind comes up. The only problem at Don Pedro is that they only carry 87 octane at the marinas. They used to have 92, but no more. There are some gas station within 10 minutes of the campground, but it was nice having 92 available on the water.

Firecracker
    Have you thought of Lost Lake? It is down river a ways from Big River, but there is some really nice water there, especially if you are a waterskier. Just across the way from the campground, there is a small hidden cove that you can beach your boats on and hang out in all day. We taught my uncle's kids to waterski there. We take our flatbottom there, and several others. They have just s cheesy home page, but here it is:http://users.redrivernet.com/lostlakeresort/

Firecracker

BrendellaJet
    How far from Mcintyre to Lost lake, anybody know? Can you do the drive on water or do you have to trailer?

v-drive
    I hate Florida....v-drive

SweetPea
    Oh yes it does! Not this weekend but the weekend after I will be there! After that we are going to Mcintyre Park-lower river. You should check it out. Its about a 3.5 hour drive from So Cal. Its on the lower river. Very nice place. Im pretty sure they have RV hookups too. Keep an eye out for sandbars & wait for the water to come up.
    Would be awesome during the week. Not a soul around, well maybe a few, but not many...
    I'll check it out. i kinda want to take the vdrive to parker in July during the week? I'm nervous on the river; Parker feels more like a lake to me... i guess. Good luck on taking it to Elsinore. We are gonna take the vdrive there first to see how it runs and so i can actually learn how to drive it!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast