Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Few Pics From Dana Point Today......

BajaMike
    It's not Site Six....most of the boaters have a bit of a clue.....
    Nice Pro-Line center console....
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180325301
    Kind of interesting.....trailer holds 5 lake lice.....
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180325373
    Load the two top ones first.....and lift them up.....mom had to rev the engine to get the lift to work....
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180325485
    Put the big one up in front.....
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180325614
    Load the back/bottom two.....SeaDoos
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180325689
    Lots of work.....it took about an hour for him to load them out....dad was freezing his nuts off....so were mom and the kids......

RaceFace
    Nice pics! I was heading down there today with the kids in the convertible and we hit PCH at Crown Valley and were freezing....it was cloudy at 12:30. We made a U-turn and went out to Cooks Corner for some food, beers and to check out the bikes....and stay in the sun. Did it ever clear up down there?

BajaMike
    I don't get it......instead of 5 lake lice why not one decent boat the whole family can enjoy together......It took over an hour to load those five machines....
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180325978
    This guy.....was there for the same hour as the lake lice....launched the boat....couldn't get his little jeep in low range and it couldn't pull out the little trailer....had to get a tow to get the jeep and trailer out of the ramp....then the boat wouldn't start.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180326127
    My buddy's little tug, he's a bartender at Hennessey's....he and his girlfriend take this thing to Catalina and the Channel Islands all the time.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1180326246
    :idea:

BajaMike
    Nice pics! I was heading down there today with the kids in the convertible and we hit PCH at Crown Valley and were freezing....it was cloudy at 12:30. We made a U-turn and went out to Cooks Corner for some food, beers and to check out the bikes....and stay in the sun. Did it ever clear up down there?
    It never cleared up at the beach.....the water looked cold....sure isn't Havasu....but it's only a five minute walk vs. a five hour drive.....

RaceFace
    It never cleared up at the beach.....the water looked cold....sure isn't Havasu....but it's only a five minute walk vs. a five hour drive.....
    I hear ya....and we dont have to deal with idiots on the road, ramp, or lake. Boy I'm glad I make the U-turn and headed east. It was beautiful in the canyon!

BajaMike
    I hear ya....and we dont have to deal with idiots on the road, ramp, or lake. Boy I'm glad I make the U-turn and headed east. It was beautiful in the canyon!
    The usual "June Gloom" in May......you go a couple miles inland, and it's sunny and warm.
    But I didn't want to drive that far (or at all)....just walked to the harbor with my camera, not a lot of action on the ramp do to the "gloom", and took some pics. Had a few drinks at Turks, then a few at Wind and Sea....then back to Hennessey's.
    I can probably get some "hot" pics tonight at Hennessey's when the girls start taking off the tops and dancing on the bar.....stay tuned.....

Trailer Park Casanova
    The PWC trailer is pretty clever. Nice design.
    The Good Ship Lollipop has been around a spell. I remember them at the boatshow. Forget the brand name, good price & teriffic little boat for it's heyday in the 70's.
    "You can tow it with a Toyota" was their sales pitch in the era of expensive 50 cents a gallon gas if I re-call right, and the sales price included a trailer which was a novelty idea back when.
    Boat builders were a generous lot.
    Note the classic 4 cycle Bearcat outboard. It was 40 years ahead of it's time with 4 stroke, and rumored to be one hell-of-a-good motor, dates back to the early 60's, and don't hold me to it, but I think may still be in production in some little cottage industry shop someplace.
    Your friends looks fresh so maybe it's so.
    I think it's 55 hp and featured colossal fuel economy, and was the first outboard to consider & address saltwater service corrosion,, not sure.
    Rumor was Honda copied it's unique engine design, damfino.
    Bearcat may have made big 4 stroke chainsaws too,,, something rings a bell in my empty head.
    It featured a dry ride was another strong selling point, as was it's relative good ride for a small boat.
    Which Hennessys does he work at? I got questions.
    Great pix.

cc322
    Nice pics too bad the sun never came out on the coast, good day to stay inside at Turks and drink some bloody Mary's.

BajaMike
    The PWC trailer is pretty clever. Nice design.
    The Good Ship Lollipop is been around a spell. I remember them at the boatshow. Forget the brand name, good price & teriffic little boat for it's heyday in the 70's.
    "You can tow it with a Toyota" was their sales pitch in the era of expensive 50 cents a gallon gas if I re-call right, and the sales price included a trailer which was a novelty idea back when.
    Boat builders were a generous lot.
    Note the classic 4 cycle Bearcat outboard. It was 40 years ahead of it's time with 4 stroke, and rumored to be one hell-of-a-good motor, dates back to 1962, and don't hold me to it, but I think may still be in production in some little cottage industry shop someplace.
    Your friends looks fresh so maybe it's so.
    I think it's 55 hp and featured colossal fuel economy, and was the first outboard to consider & address saltwater service corrosion,, not sure.
    Rumor was Honda copied it's unique engine design, damfino.
    Bearcat may have made big 4 stroke chainsaws too,,, something rings a bell in my empty head.
    It featured a dry ride was another strong selling point, as was it's relative good ride for a small boat.
    Which Hennessys does he work at? I got questions.
    Great pix.
    Yea, the "Good Ship Lollipop" was an interesting little boat....funny you mentioned the trailer, it was a tiny little thing, two small wheels and no fenders, I couldn't believe he couldn't pull it up the ramp with his jeep, but I think the jeep was stuck in 2nd gear or something. I had walked down or I would have offered to pull him out with my Chevy HD.
    The little boat reminds me of my dads first power boat (I grew up in sail boats)....It was a 17 1/2 foot Glatron cabin cruiser with a 100 horse Merc outboard......my brother and I used to sleep on it at the docks at Black Meadows while my dad and his buddies stayed at the hotel. We loved it, we could stay up all night, go to the dance Black Meadows used to have for kids in the rec center, and we could smoke cigs and bring girls back to the little boat.
    My buddy Shawn (the owner of the tug) works at the Hennesseys in Dana Point.
    :idea:

BajaMike
    Nice pics too bad the sun never came out on the coast, good day to stay inside at Turks and drink some bloody Mary's.
    Yea, Turks has the best Bloody Mary's.....a glass full of ice and vodka and a shot of Bloody Mary mix......they make the strongest drinks on the coast!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast