Thread: Bimini top... Stainless Steel or Aluminum?

Scarab Jet
    Am plannin' on gettin' a bimini top for my boat and was wonderin' if I should pay the extra money for the SS vs. the Aluminum frame...
    I mostly run at cruisin' speed of about 45 mph when I plan to have the bimini up... So, do I really need to pay the extra to get the SS?
    The only thing that bothers me about the aluminum ones that I have seen is that the fittings are in nylon... although they say that they are pretty "robust" nylons, but am worried that they won't last too long under the hot sun at the River... What do you guys think?
    Thanx in advance...

ck7684
    Does the stainless have different fittings? I'm not sure I would pay the extra for stainless, but it would stay nicer looking and be more durable in the long run...

Scarab Jet
    Does the stainless have different fittings? I'm not sure I would pay the extra for stainless, but it would stay nicer looking and be more durable in the long run...
    Yes... the stainless version also has stainless fittings and mounts... it is basically twice as much (price-wise) as the aluminum with black nylon fittings...

Scarab Jet
    ttt

Cas
    I have aluminum frames with ss fittings and mounts. Even with the plastic fittings, it's rated to 75mph but I just didn't like the looks of them.

Riverbass
    both of my boats have stainless frames with stainless fittings the jet runs 54 and the bass boat 79.4 ( on the GPS ) But the top on the bass will not take 79.4 mph. Other then that no problem.
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...r/100_1032.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...s/IMG_0076.jpg